Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Actual Conversation

at dinner, last night:

Little Dear: L-O-V-E... does that spell "love?"

Me: Yes.

Little Boo: L-O-V-E?

Me: Yes. That spells "love."

Little Dear: What if she said L-O-V-E-W?

Little Boo: (bellowing) I did not say that!

Me: I-

Little Dear: (shrieking) I know! I said: What if you did?!?

Me: Hush. It wouldn't be a word.

Little Boo: What wouldn't be a word?

Me: L-O-V-E-W.

Little Love: (waving 3 fingers in my face) "Dis a doubl-you!"



It's no wonder pinot noir is a staple in this house.

4 comments:

nicole said...

Pinot noir is yummy. Funny kids.

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

For you right? Not the kids?:^)!

It must be the weather! We have had some pretty interesting...ahem, "discussions" ourselves. Some of them taking place in the backyard at the tops of their lungs for all the neighbors to hear.

BTW, what is the dosage on the pinot stuff?

Phil Halpin said...

LOL! We have these exact same discussions at our house, too. But we go with the hard liquor...Gin for Phil, amaretto for me. :)

Michelle said...

You know, I can hear the shrieking you mentioned...oh, wait, that's MY daughter...again...

I'll post my desk photo tomorrow.

Have a blessed Lent.