How many of you all now have miniature Peyton Mannings running all over your house?
How many pieces of furniture have been moved or removed in order to set the stage for the big game?
How many bruises have appeared and touchdown dances performed in your living rooms?
How many, "Hey mom, did you see it when the Colts (blah blah blah)?" questions have you fielded today?
I have lost count, too. And even though DH took the boys to a Super Bowl party with some daddy friends and their sons, and the girls and I had a lovely evening watching Cinderella, having bean dip and chips and sprite, I was still able to catch the last half of the game.
And enjoy the fact that my sons can emulate and admire a team whose coach exhibits so much class and natural virtue.
That's the way it should be.
2 comments:
YES!
I apologize in advance to anyone from Illinois that my children might offend someday. I am sure that some of the Chicago Bears are very nice, upstanding men with good moral characters.But you have to understand that the word "thug" is new to their vocabulary right now and they are just having fun with it.
Sorry (ducking).
I'm very happy to hear that kids, especially the two boys can have a hard-working, sincere professional athlete and entire team to look up to. It's interesting to observe this fight between the way sport should be, and how it is abused and taken advantage of...BTW, the Colts are one team I have nothing against, so if DH wants to become a fan, we may have common ground. And who knows, I may go easy on him next Christmas! Tell the fam I say "HI!"
Post a Comment