Wednesday, February 14, 2007

iPod Meme

I've been tagged by Margaret!

I think she has an ulterior motive to "out" me as the (semi... not hard core) alternative rockin' mom I am... since she alone knows the kind of garbage I like... (having e-mailed me to ask what I run to).

I'll get you for this, my dear!

:)


According to rules of the game, (ht: SFO Mom), “Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.”

Okay, here's my disclaimer. We actually do not own an iPod, or Mp3 player.(it's on our list of things to buy, since we both like to run to music) I listen to music after we are done with school, and when I run on the treadmill. The kids have their own favorites, and I have mine. In some instances, they overlap. Yes, my peanuts love BNL.

So, I'll just load up our 6-disc changer with some of my favorites and see what happens...

How does the world see you? "It's All Been Done" (BNL: "Disc One)
I don't doubt it... There are many Catholic moms out there, thank goodness!


Will I have a happy life? "From Where I Am" (Enya: Memory of Trees)
Good lesson here, happiness is always to be found where you are, not somewhere else...


What do my friends really think of me? "Sell, Sell, Sell" (BNL: Maroon)
Well, I don't have a home-based business...


Do people secretly lust after me? "Jane" (BNL: Disc One)
Silly question, and I'm glad it's Jane and not me...


How can I make myself happy? "Upside Down" (BNL: Everything to Everyone Dallas concert...yes, half of the discs are BNL)
HA! that is exactly how some of my days feel...


What should I do with my life? "Hollywood" (Cranberries: To The Dearly Departed)
Errr... no thank you.


Will I ever have children? "Tonight is the Night I fell Asleep at the Wheel" (BNL: Maroon)
The wheel on the car of parenthood??


What is some good advice for me? "Old Apartment" (BNL: Everything to Everyone Dallas concert)
No thanks, I'll stick to our little cottage.


How will I be remembered? "What a Good Boy" (BNL: Disc One)
Maybe we can switch the gender on that one?


What is my signature dancing song? "Beloved Wife" (Natalie Merchant: Tiger Lily)
Now, I cry every time I hear that song, about a man who lost his beloved wife after 50 years of marriage. I still can't listen to it without tearing up.


What do I think is my current theme song? "Forever Yellow Skies" (Cranberries: To The Dearly Departed)
As in, the sun is big and so bright that it takes up most of the sky? Boy, that would be great!

What does everyone think my current theme song is? "Falling for the First Time" (BNL: Disc One)
Now that is hilarious.


What song will play at my funeral? "Off the Hook" (BNL: Maroon)
As long as it's Christ taking me off the hook... Although, I can't imagine that song being played at any funeral...


What type of men / women do you like? "I May Know the Word" (Natalie Merchant: Tiger Lily)
Most of her songs are dark and hopeless, this one included. All I can say is that I did "pray for deliverance from the night (of love) into the day" and God answered me by sending my DH!



What is my day going to be like? "Salvation" (Cranberries: To The Faithful Departed)
(sigh) Yes, that would be every day.


I tag Portia, Matilda, and Mrs. Bear.

Have fun, ladies!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew Margaret tagged you, so I had to come check out your answers.

FUN answers!

I certainly have an eclectic mix of songs on my iPod, but a lot of it is inspired by my husband who just loves all sorts. There are songs you just can't run to ... I know ;)

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

You stinker!

I thought this was so funny when I read it at Margaret's and I couldn't wait to see your answers.

nicole said...

I like the Cranberries too! I saw them in LA once, great memory.

Anonymous said...

I usually check your blog with one of the twins in my arms which makes it difficult to comment.
I have been meaning to tell to you to check out the music of Justin Roberts, I think you and your children would like him. We have his cd "Meltdown" - kids music that adults can enjoy. All my munchkins like dancing to the music, which is sometimes the only exercise they get on cold, snowy Wisconsin days when I don't feel like bundling 16 month old twins for the great outdoors.

Margaret in Minnesota said...

Yay! You tagged Matilda!

And I am totally laughing to see how often BNL came up!

Ah, 'Meg. I just love you.

PS. Tiger Lily has long been one of my favorite CDs, though Ms. Merchant and I have next to nothing in common.