Saturday, February 10, 2007

A Big Thank You...

... to whomever offered up prayers or a sacrifice for me yesterday.

I was struggling with my vocation of both teacher and mom to:

Hacking Boy: sick enough to be homebound but well enough to tackle moving oblects at will.
Coughing Boy: incessantly bemoaning the lack of cough drops. constant victim of Hacking Boy.
Drama Queen: upon waking yesterday morning to a swollen airway, promptly went into hysterics and has been on the verge ever since. claims this is "the worst thing that has ever happened in her whole life." spent the whole day on the couch like a true queen.
Instigator Girl: living up to her name by sticking legos in the popcorn, poking the cat, asking for popsicles every 2.7 seconds, and hugging me fiercely after each act. spent an unprecedented amount of time in the corner.
Screaming Girl: spent most of the morning in her dungeon crib. constant victim of Instigator Girl.

I was yelling.

I was threatening.

I was grumpy.

The culmination came as I exited the kitchen with the 3 millionth cup of water for Drama Queen and Hacking Boy slammed into me, spilling half the cup of freezing cold water down my front.

I hate freezing cold water down my front.

Even when it is 105 degrees outside.

It is nowhere near 105 degrees, outside or in.

And so, I did the only thing that came to my head. I dumped the rest of the water on his head. And the rest of my day went much more smoothly.

Thank you.

*all joking aside, the fact that I turned it into a funny moment proves that someone was praying or suffering for me and I am truly grateful*

4 comments:

Michelle said...

When my 5 year old Drama Queen was sick on Sunday and Monday, she actually said, "I think I'm gonna die!!!" If she wasn't hysterical, she was screaming with the pain of stomach cramps.

Now, yesterday afternoon, my little guy started throwing up. Must have the same bug. He spent his time lying on the floor or couch and then would get up and walk over to me and I would hold him up to the sink and he would throw up. I'd put him back on the couch and he would lie there quietly until the next wave of nausea. No screaming, no crying, no convulsions.

I am glad you are able to smile after a rough day. Your water on the head certainly made me laugh! Hope the weekend is better.

Anonymous said...

OH NO ... no wonder you felt like you were struggling. What a DAY!!!!

I do hope that everyone is on the mend, and that you have done your duty as nurse for quite some time.

nicole said...

I feel your pain. I hope things are going better now. I will try to remember to offer up my frustrations to ease the frustrations of others.

Suzanne Di Silvestri said...

I love that you did that (dumped water), and I love even more that you admitted it! Thanks for reminding me that we are all human (sometimes I think it's just me and that everyone else is some kind of patient super mom).

I hope you are all better soon (and I really like the new look to the blog!)