Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Virtual Life Catching up with Real...

... life, that is.

So, things around the Nut-House have been rather....uh...... nutty lately.

A few weeks ago, our realtor-friend called and asked if he could show our house to one of his clients.

Are we officially trying to sell our home?

Um, no.

But we are always up for insanity change, and so we agreed. (but it's never that easy, is it? Oh no, lets leave out the fact that I found out about this "showing" while at a friend's home 30 min away. I had approximately 40 min to clean once I got home, and when I opened the door, the house looked like some huge tornadic activity had occurred... just my children, that's all. ergh.)

Of course, they loved our home. And, though nothing is in writing, it seems our house is the house for them.

Huh?

Ooooookay, I think.

That's....
actually....
great!

I mean, we've tried to sell our house a few times before, and nothing. Nada. Zilch. In this housing market, it's good to sell your house so quickly. In fact, it's pretty much unheard-of.

And, so, I am very grateful. And still praying like crazy that it comes through. (saying the St. Joseph Novena prayer 9 times a day for 9 days does count for 9 novenas, right? thought so.)

But then what? We have been perusing the real estate web sites and have found nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Lovely.

And our realtor-friend is just as thrilled. Took us a year to find our current house. He just looooooves finding a home for us. Poor man.

:)

So, pray, my holy friends. Pray that this deal goes through. Pray that we find the perfect home for us. It doesn't have to be right away. We may just have to spend some time in beautiful Colorado with my folks, homeschooling to the backdrop of mountain vistas... (rough life, I know)

Pray for my peace of mind. God is definitely in control. I never would have seen this coming. He has a plan, and I'm trying not to freak out too much...

Thanks!



10 comments:

Carmen said...

Hi Megan, I've been meaning to leave a comment for a while now. It's pretty fun finding TACers through the blogosphere! I don't expect you to remember me, but I was in the class of '96 and I was/am good friend with Jen Kelly. (I still call her that even though she's Edwards.) Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and if you end up in Colorado for a while, come see me. I homeschool in the mountains!!!-Carmen

love2learnmom said...

Wow - that sounds like an amazing degree of nuttiness! Hope it all works out well for you - I expect it shall with such an offer literally falling into your lap. :)

Prayers your way of course.

nicole said...

Not that it is my business, but would you be staying in the area? Seems that you are at least at an advantage, as it is a buyer's market out there. Homeschooling in CO sounds tempting too. Of course, I would have to be a homeschooler to know what that is all about. And I'm still ignoring that nudge in the side when the subject of homeschooling comes up.

Phil Halpin said...

Wow! Having just sold a home in one of the worst housing markets in So. Cal history, I say you better jump on this offer if it comes through!! Talk about the hand of God working in your life, to get a cold call on showing your house when it's not even on the market! Crazy! :) I'll pray for things not to be too crazy, as the memory of moving is so very fresh for me right now.

Mrs. Bear said...

Wow! I will pray for you guys. Maybe this is a really special opportunity from God for you!

Suzanne Temple said...

Crazy. It seems every time I come here, you've got some major life change in the works. Hope this all leads to something wonderful.

momto5minnies said...

That has never happened to me(moving without a relocation). I hope and pray that things go smoothly on both ends (the buying and selling).

The timing is in God's hands ...

Cindy said...

Praying for you guys. Know first hand about selling/buying a new house - in the thick of it right now.

Got to tell you, sometimes I just come over to you blog just for the music!

Barbara said...

Wow! I think I'd be completely speechless. You seem to be doing well with it. I admire your flexibility!

Karen Edmisten said...

We'll pray for you -- C'mon, St. Joseph.

And, on an unrelated note, Ramona is wondering why Boo is named Boo. I told her I'd ask. :-)