A Picture of Now, Between Past and Future.
1.a. Describe your outfit.
White sweatpant/capris, dark olive tank top, brown Old Navy flip flops.
b. What associations does the main color invoke?
I guess the main color would be the dark olive. I have always loved this color. It matches my eyes almost perfectly. And while not all shades of green work for me, this is one shade that does.
c. Is there a memory associated with this outfit (or part of it)?
Not really. All the pieces are new to me this summer...
2.a. Are you listening to music?
Um. Yes. The Backyardigans is on Noggin, and 3 of my kids are watching it. They are currently singing "A Message" done to the tune of Ella Fitzgerald's "A Tisket A Tasket"...
b. Was this intentional?
The show, yes. Not the song. Truth be told, I can only take Backyardigans in small doses.
c. What does the music make you remember?
It reminds me of Ella's voice and jazz in general, which I happen to really enjoy. Maybe I need to break out some of those CD's.
3.a. Describe the objects within arms' reach.
Oh boy, this should be interesting. Computer paraphernalia, the May issue of Magnificat, a Spiderman action figure, a baggie of screws, a Handel CD, our phone, a pocket knife, bug spray....
b. Choose one object and tell where you acquired it.
The Spiderman action figure was bought for Sports Fan using his gift card. I was convinced he would end up suffering from buyer's regret, since he had originally wanted to purchase a pirate sword. He spent the whole day telling me how happy he was with his choice.
c. On the whole, are the objects new (memory blanks) or old (memory filled)?
I'd say new. Since most of the computer stuff is new as well...
4.a. What room are you in?
What we call "The Front Room" or our second living room.
b. To what extent is it yours?
Well, we're 6 years in on our 30 year mortgage... :)
c. What kind of memories will you have in the future of this room?
Since we hope to sell in the next year (need! more! space!) hopefully the future will be elsewhere. The memories I hold now are of much playing, rough housing, tent-making, and "walking" newborns 'til the wee hours....
5. What were you doing before starting this post, and what would you like to do next?
I had started dinner and was waiting for the chicken to brown. Since then, we've had dinner and dessert and cleaned up from both. Next, I'd like the nanny to put the kids to bed (HA) and DH and I to have an early evening cocktail and chat.
OK, I'll tag Matilda, Karen, Elizabeth, and Margaret.
Have Fun!
:)
2 comments:
Working on an answer. Thanks. :-) Oh, and can I borrow your nanny?
Thank you, Nutmeg! I loved reading your answers. :-)
Post a Comment