Monday, July 02, 2007

A New Life... and An Angel in Heaven.

Two women woke up this morning, making ready for a visit to their ob/gyn.

One is 9 months pregnant, bursting with the new life that is ready to enter the world. Her 6 other children crowd around her to see her off, eager to see and hold their new baby sister... She is being held up in prayer today by so many, as she and her husband journey to the hospital.

Joy and love and hope.

The other woman is newly pregnant, and very nervous. Her 5 children have been told that it looks like the baby has died, and her trip to the ob this morning is to confirm this. The joy and hope that had surrounded her and her friends and family these past few weeks has given way to sorrow and fear, and then acceptance.

God's will in all things.

The first woman is my best friend, Lisa. We expect a phone call soon to tell us of the birth of their new daughter, our goddaughter. She has been in our prayers all day. I wish I could be there...

The second woman, as you might have guessed, is me. The "exciting news" I had wanted to share was of this unexpected joy of a new life. Unfortunately, God's will has been to postpone this new addition and we are devastated. Yesterday was the hardest, since by the afternoon it was obvious that this little one was not going to make it. Today I am better, more accepting and trusting, but it's still hard.

Pray for us.

And pray for my friend, Lisa. What hope and joy and love will surround that little one when she makes her appearance! I can't wait to see her and hold her.

What comfort.

42 comments:

Aimee said...

sigh . . . my thoughts and prayers are with you and I'm sorry for your loss. I'll also pray for Lisa and her new little one.

Anonymous said...

I am so, so sorry. I'll be offering my Mass and rosary for you today. God bless you all.

E Caughron said...

OH Megan, I am so sorry. I will offer my next rosary for you and some additional prayers have already been said. May the Blessed Mother wrap you in her loving embrace and shower you and hour DH with graces.

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

Oh dear Nutmeg... we will offer up our nightly decade for you and your family tonight. Please accept this spiritual flower offered with much love.

Erin said...

We will also keep praying.

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry. Prayers here as well.

love2learnmom said...

Oh nutmeg, I'm so very sorry to hear this. You are all in our prayers!

Erin Manning said...

God bless you at this difficult time--you will be in my prayers.

Suzanne Temple said...

I am so, so sorry nutmeg. I was really excited to think you might be expecting again. Do your progesterone levels have anything to do with it? I ask because I have similarly low progesterone and have had to support pregnancies through the first trimester with injections. Praying for you and yours, here.

Phil Halpin said...

Remembering you at the Hour Of Mercy, Megan. I'm so, so sorry to hear this. It's a terrible thing to lose a child. Holding you in my prayers and thoughts today.

nicole said...

You are in my prayers. Your ability to see God's love and hope is so inspiring. I'm sorry for your loss.

Sephora said...

Praying for you with much love...

Elizabeth Foss said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I do know how you feel. I was with a friend when she delivered her baby on the same day I found out my baby had died. You are in my fervent prayers now and in the weeks to come. May God bless you and your dear family abundantly with hope and grace during this trial.
Love,
Elizabeth Foss

Anonymous said...

We can rejoice in the gift of new life and in the beautiful openness to life that you both so wonderfully put flesh on every day! You have won the race...you have a child in heaven, our ultimate goal as parents. That Angel is now praying for you to some day all be united...God's time, His family and He is in charge. This is a time of your cross...you have the prayers of us all, you famiy and friends...know His love for you through these prayers....may your Mother's heart be consoled...love and prayers...

momto5minnies said...

I am truly sorry for your loss Meg. I know the heartbreak all too well. My prayers are with you tonight ... big ((((HUGS)))) too!

Mom of boys said...

I am so sorry for your loss - will be praying for you all!

Melissa said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family!

Mrs. Bear said...

Oh, Nutmeg, I am so sorry for your loss. I said a little prayer for all of you, and will continue to pray.

Jennie C. said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Michelle said...

{{{hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry. You are in our daily prayers.

Kimberly said...

My dear, I am so very sorry for your great loss. May God bless you in your suffering...praying for you!

ls said...

I know all too well that this is not fun what you are feeling right now. I sent up a prayer or two for you this morning.
I've got four in heaven and each one was such a painful loss!
God Bless

Anonymous said...

Lifting you up in prayer! I am so sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

I will pray for you, if you will pray for me - I miscarried yesterday also. It has been a long weekend. But, I registered the baby in the Book of Life at the Chruch of the Holy Innocents in NYC. They have a shrine dedicated the Holy Innocents, and any baby that dies before it is born is able to be registered here. The babies and their families are remembered each week at a mass. We gave the baby the name we had all agreed on, and I feel like at least the baby has been acknowledged. This is the saddest think I have ever experienced, but somehow this made me feel better. Maybe it will help you too.

Denise in VA

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry! We will keep you and your family in our heart-felt prayers!

God Love you!

Kristen Laurence said...

Oh I am so sorry, Nutmeg! How devastated I was to read this news over at Minn Mom this morning. I'm logging off right now to offer some mid-morning prayers for you.

Many blessings and heavenly consolation,

The Laurences

Jen said...

I found your sight via Margaret. I am so, so sorry for you loss. Please know you are in my prayers and intentions. I wish there was something I could say here that would lessen the pain and grief in your heart.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, I am crying reading this. (((hugs)))

Jane Ramsey said...

I'm so, so sorry, Nutmeg. I lost a little one at Easter this year. Prayers and tears for you...

Anonymous said...

(((HUGS))) and many heartfelt prayers. So sorry about the loss of your little one. :(

F said...

I'm so sorry to read this sad news...

I will pray for you.

Laura H. said...

prayers for you and yours. prayers too for your new goddaughter and her family. God bless your faithfulness..

MarieC said...

So very sorry for your loss. Prayers for your family & Lisa's.

Laura H. said...

http://requesting-thine-aid.blogspot.com/ -- intention added.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I understand all to well. Please accept all of our prayers for you and your family. Your little guardian angel can join my little one and countless others in the choir God has chosen for these special children. I will also pray for your friends new little blessing. Healing and Blessings on you both

teresa said...

I am so sorry to read this. You are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

You and your husband are in my in my prayers.

Alice Gunther said...

I am so sad to read this--and praying for you both.

Karen Edmisten said...

Oh, I'm so terribly sorry ... I'm so sad for you, and I know how hard it is. You're all in my prayers.

Elena LaVictoire said...

I add my sympathy to the others. It is a heavy burden to bear, the loss of a child. I wish you much peace and healing.

stephanie said...

another prayer headed your way...