Thursday, July 12, 2007

One More Time...

OK, I've been tagged for yet another meme!

I'm happy to do it, don't get me wrong. But then I'm declaring a moratorium on memes for this blogger for awhile.

Capisci?

Good.

:)

8 Things About Me and DH... A Meme.


1. We met in college, our freshman year. I was 19, and had spent one year at a different *shudder* school. (I am thoroughly ready to believe it is better now... but when I was there, it was awful. period.) He was 20 and had spent the two years after high school making money as a furniture delivery guy for a warehouse store.

2. He is from Vancouver, Canada. I am from upstate NY. Odds were against us on the "meeting each other" spectrum of life. Isn't God wonderful?

3. I am ashamed to say that when he introduced himself as being from British Columbia, I thought he was from England. Good old public school Geography! The summer after I met him, I worked in a children's boutique and brushed up on my Canadian geography. (thanks to an early Leap Frog "computer") By the end of the summer, I was able to name all Provinces and Territories and capitals...

4. We mutually pursued each other. He has said that if I had played "hard to get" he may have given up. Luckily, I'm just not that way... I may be shy, but I can't be fake.

5. We hung out together on campus a lot. We hung out together off campus a lot. But we were not exclusive about it. Rare were the moments we were alone. And that was fine. I'd say it was actually good for us. We welcomed others into our friendship, and were known as a "funky couple" what with our do-rags and different way of dressing... (someone told me this my junior year... don't know how true it is)

6. He was my best friend in college, and still is to this day. Being of one heart and mind is very important to me, and the fact that we graduated from the same college helps tremendously. Most of the time, he knows where I am coming from intellectually, and in many of our decisions as parents, it makes all the difference.

7. We are both melancholic. Does that make us downers? Not at all. It means we like the same things: sports, music, books, date nights, concerts, kiddos, a good glass of pinot, etc. Our idea of a "good time" can be low key, (movie at home) or high energy (trip to Austin to see BNL) and we both have a great time.

8. DH once said I have aged like a good wine... which I took as a compliment. I feel the same about him. We look so very young in our wedding photo! We are seasoned parents and friends. I can't imagine anything better.


I'm not tagging anyone else with this one. But, please, if you want to do this, consider yourself tagged, and let me know!

:)




6 comments:

momto5minnies said...

Well, I loved reading this. I understand the friendship part ...that is what really had made my relationship with my husband so strong.

No more meme's ... I promise. That feeling of being tagged (obligated) to do something right now is fun, but overwhelming sometimes.

nutmeg said...

No offense intended!

This was one of the more enjoyable memes I have done.

Thanks for tagging me...

:)

teresa said...

You two sound like a great couple. I love love. Does that make sense?

Mrs. Bear said...

I enjoyed reading about you guys! :-)

xxxxxx said...

That's the funniest thing I heard today...you thinking he was from England!!!Thanks for the day brightener!

xxxxxx said...

I should say, that at 19 I would have thought the same thing!
Go public schools!