Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Update-O-Rama

It turns out this family that is interested in our home is exactly. like. us.

I mentioned before that it took us a year to find our current home.

I was not kidding.

I'll never forget the phone call I got when our realtor friend found this house. He called me up;
Nutmeg, you've just got to see this house. It's perfect for you guys. Can you come now?

I looked at my children: Action Man (age 3) Sports Fan (age 16 months) and Little Dear (age 4.5 months) neck-deep in our sand box. I looked at myself: ripped jeans, flannel shirt, bandana in my hair... (some things never change, eh?)

I said; Uh, sure. No one else will be there, right?

After his reassurances, we packed ourselves in the van and headed over.

I pulled up, convinced he was standing in front of that beautiful pale-blue two-story home. The one with the neatly trimmed bushes...

But alas.

He was walking towards the squat-looking light brown house with the front-facing garage.

Never one to mince words, I stopped short and said;
Are you serious? I hate houses that show garage doors in the front... what were you thinking?

Good thing our realtor is such a good friend of ours.

He agreed, but was insistent. He knows how I feel, he said, but just look inside-

He opened the door, and I was rendered speechless.

Vaulted ceilings, floor to ceiling windows... light. bright. airy.

Perfectly sized for our little family.

And the now garage-conversion, with four beautiful front-facing windows?

Heavenly.


These next potential owners have three little ones. Little boys, bundles of energy. They are Catholic, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, ready to begin the home-owning adventure.

I understand their hesistancy, I appreciate their caution.

But this house? It's time-tested and kid-approved.

They may not know it yet, but trust this veteran mom...

It's perfect.

:)


1 comment:

Anne said...

Thanks for the directions to get a signature like that.

I've actually been enjoying your blog for a while. I found it via your sister Sephora's blog...and I don't remember where I found hers, but I loved her writing immediately!

Anyway, thanks again!