Thursday, August 16, 2007

In Which Nutmeg Decides That Putting a Gun to Her Head Would Accomplish More...

Today is the last day of the option period on our house.

And it's going out with a BIG.....

fizzle.


The lovely young couple that had fallen in love with our house like we did 6 years ago, just decided not to buy our house. Of course, it was much more complicated than that.

Way more.

But, in the interest of charity, and taking into account my current state of mind, I won't go any further... other than to say that I am so glad we made every concession we could. At least my conscience is clear.

We tried.

And so, it starts again.

Again with the cleaning, again with the showings, the no-shows, the packing, the painting, and did I mention the cleaning?

God has a plan. God has a plan. God has a plan.

9 comments:

Phil Halpin said...

Oh, Megan! That's too bad! I feel for you...the waiting for a house to sell is excrutiating!! But you're right...just keep chanting: "God has a plan! God has a plan!" :)

Offering prayers...

Erin said...

I am outraged on your behalf! Such a bummer, I'm so sorry!!

(God draws straight lines crooked?)

BIG FAT HUG.

Margaret in Minnesota said...

Put down the gun and pick up the phone.

Elizabeth Foss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth Foss said...

Oh dear! I'm so sorry. Another big hug here. And the BNL? They were definitely growing on me. I like Simon and Garfunkel too, but I was getting an EDUCATION in BNL. S&G I already know:-)

Mrs. Bear said...

Oh dear! Prayers for you guys. Yes, put down the gun and have a root beer float. Or a "bcrdi fzy nvl". ;-)

And I am officially going to put in a request for "Be My Yoko Ono" on your little song player. A fun song to cheer you up while you are preparing the house for showings....

God bless you guys! I agree that God definitely has a plan.

Anonymous said...

Oh... I am so sorry to hear that. All in God's perfect timing...

nutmeg said...

Thanks, all....

I had a lovely evening with my awesome friends which included much hilarious discussion, a fuzzy navel, and snugging with my goddaughter.

Coming home to these caring comments is the cherry on top.

And Mrs. Bear, your wish is my command.

'night all...

:)

Mrs. Bear said...

:-)