Monday, December 21, 2009

Filed Under: The Less-Than-Stellar Moments of Nutmeg

It's the evening of the first day of Winter Break! Do you know where your liquor cabinet is??


Lessee how Nutmeg fared today. Here are some snippets:

1. The cat scarfed down his breakfast this morning, and then promptly parked himself in the formal living room and began howling and heaving. I came flying in, grabbed the cat, wrestled with the lock on the back door, threw the cat down and yanked on the lock with both hands thus effectively freeing it...

And looked down in time to see the cat vomit all over the hardwood floor at my feet.

My kids learned a new word today.

It shall not be repeated here.

2. The thrifty homemaker version of Nutmeg decided to make yummy! homemade! bread! I dumped all the contents into the bread maker and turned it on. The stuff isn't spinning, even though the machine is making all the obligatory noises. I looked around in time to see Sports Fan spinning the paddle to the bread machine in his hand.

The kids learned another new word.

I turned off the bread machine, grabbed the paddle and proceeded to fish my hand into the globs of dough, egg and oil. As I attempted to match up the sides of the paddle hole onto the attachment, I tried not to think how similar this feeling of gloppy wet flour is to the mess I had to handle earlier in the day...

*cringe*

3. Skip on to dinner time. Little Boo is thrilled with the evening's fare of pasta. Without a word, she shovels her food and steps over Little Dear to spoon herself a second helping. DH and I exchanged surprised looks as Little Dear scoots back in her chair to accommodate the contortions of Little Boo as she also decides to ladle a hearty scoop of sauce over her pasta, her rear end deftly placed in front of Little Dear's chattering mouth.

Neither one skips a beat.

I hide behind my glass of wine.

After all, we have a whole 2 weeks of this to go.

:P

2 comments:

momto5minnies said...

Oh no!
I do think that those first days always seem a little over the top. How about you remind me that I said that in a few days when I'm hiding in my closet ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the belly laugh this morning...I think I'm going to need it! :) Love to you all!!!