Nope. Not going to talk about that. So there.
:P
Today is a frozen-in-time kind of day. The last day of the week before all heck breaks loose with holiday parties and field trips and birthday parties and mom's nights out and nativity parties and another holiday party. And that's just this week. You think I kid.
I do not.
I wish I could say that I am using my time wisely, cleaning and scrubbing and doing laundry, since I will barely have time to pee the next few days.... but, alas, I am not. I ferried kids out to friends' houses, brought some other friends to our house, made hot cocoa, planned out a few Christmas gifts, and yes.. had a steaming hot cup of cocoa, liberally pummeled with whipped cream.
I need this time. To just freeze. To contemplate and take stock of our Advent season. Honestly, I think it is going well. We are keeping up with what I wanted to do, added in a full-fledged Jesse tree, and now our home is being graced with a pilgrim statue of Our Lady of Fatima for the next 8 days. (She came yesterday... perfect timing, no?) While our prayer time was a tad rushed last night, it still happened, and Her presence is a constant reminder of what this season, this time is all about.
So as I frantically gallivant about this week and next, making lists, madly baking and maniacally cleaning~
I will try to freeze... every once in awhile... just to make sure that my focus, and the focus of my family, is where it needs to be.
:)
3 comments:
I absolutely love having moments like you describe in this post. I am waiting on my own steaming mug as we speak.
That sounds almost...risqué, doesn't it? Good thing you know me!
Happy 2nd week of Advent, friend. :)
And...um...we've got 8 degree weather going on up here. So you just keep on counting your blessings, dearie.
Just stay frozen -- sounds like a good thing to be. ;-)
Post a Comment