Outside My Window...
Clouds and sun, battling for possession of the sky. I have confidence that by the end of it, the sun will prevail. Maybe it is wishful thinking on my part, since it has been far too long since my tired face has felt it's penetrating rays.
I Am Listening To...
Three of my children play Sequence. All of them can play, and they take turns graciously (erm... sometimes). But what I love is that even the littlest can play with some competitiveness. Simply match the card in your hand to the one on the board... and try to get 5 in a row. We've pulled the plug on unlimited tv and computer games... so the board games are starting to emerge from the playroom closet.
I Am Wearing...
Maternity jean shorts, a v-neck top and brown crocs. My hair is pulled back into a messy bun. I was hoping to spend the day poolside, but the dishwasher repairman is due between 12-4. :P
However, being without a dishwasher for a week makes me grateful that today is the day!
I Am So Grateful For...
My husband, who has been slaving away in our master bathroom this weekend. It's been a messy demolition process, but that part is finally finished. And we are getting really excited as we begin the tiling and painting.
I'm Pondering...
These two quotes...
When you go global and give your life away, you will see the world differently. You will understand why cul-de-sacs can't contain God. You will see God as you've never seen Him before-- wonderfully ginormous. That is a right idea of God. ~True Religion
It should be possible to say of each one of us at the end or our lives, as it was said of Jesus, He went about doing good. We have to do good within our own families, among our colleagues at work, and among our friends, and even those people we just chance to come across. As disciples of Christ we have to be sowers of fraternity whatever occasions and circumstances life brings with it. ~In Conversation With GodAnd I hope to expand my thoughts in a later post. We'll see if my brain is up to the task.
:)
I Am Reading...
True Religion, In Conversation With God, and will soon start Theopohilus. Heavy stuff. Very thought-provoking and soul searching.
I Am Thinking...
About perception, and writing. And sharing. About friendships and mercy. Lots of conversations.. internal and with friends... have fueled these thoughts. Plenty to ponder, and no clear answers. At least, no pat "one size fits all" answer. God has a different call, a different path for each of us to trod. I am no huge force on the internet, and I am truly grateful for that. But I do love the written word... and will continue to bumble along in this space as best as I can, for this is the equivalent of our family "scrapbook"... a keepsake for me and my children. To remember, laugh and reminisce.
I Am Creating...
Beauty in our master bathroom. Painting this week, while DH does the tiling. I am off in a moment to get more paintbrushes and round up the troops. We will wait for the dishwasher dude while painting cabinet doors and bathroom walls and window ledges.
On My Ipod...
Lots of Weepies... including their new single. And our new BNL album is uploaded and being played ad nauseam... in preparation for our next night out. Yes, concert #2 is on the horizon.
:)
Towards a Real Education...
Still in summer mode, but getting ready for fall. We continue our math drills, handwriting and word problems. My task is to get up to speed on the fall co-op plans. Exciting stuff!
Towards Rhythm and Beauty...
This bathroom re-do is taking up all of our time, but we're still managing laundry and chores... somehow. Buckling down on the kids is a pain, but I'm hoping (and praying!) that better habits are taking shape.
To Live the Liturgy...
Confession this week, and mass at least one extra time. Baby steps, baby steps.
I Am Hoping and Praying...
For a renewed sense of urgency in prayer. My kids are growing up so quickly, and there have been a few situations arise that I haven't handled well. A constant flow of inspiration from the Holy Spirit would be very helpful these days.
In the Garden...
The tomatoes are done. We got a good two or three dozen out of our plants, and have eaten them all up. I am officially addicted to fresh tomatoes on a chicken salad sandwich for lunch. Unfortunately, the store bought ones aren't cutting the mustard (or mayo... in this case).
Around the House...
Laundry today. And cleaning for a mid-summer bbq on Sunday. Good food and good friends are a much-needed respite from the summer doldrums!
From the Kitchen...
No plans yet today. The peach pie is gone, and we are full force into ice cream-mode for dessert these days. Maybe Little Dear can whip up a batch of cookies this afternoon.
One of my Favorite Things...
Little Love's freckles.
:)
A Few Plans for the rest of the Week...
Cleaning and painting. Soccer on Saturday, including an MLS game Sat night with Lil Sis and my girls. It's our version of a "girlie night."
;P
1 comment:
Mmmm...as soon as I read the part about the fresh grown tomatoes, my mouth started to water!
Post a Comment