
1. Yesterday's heat wave has given way to today's cold front. How very true that in Texas, if you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes... it'll change! Except in summer. That's when we all come visit you all!
2. Elizabeth's post has reminded me of what "my place" is. The Lake.
As we leave suburbia, my shoulders relax, I start gulping in the fresh air, and my eyes hungrily devour all the natural beauty that surrounds us. I lift my face to the piercing sun and feel its rays soak into my very bones. The kids are free and unfettered and so very happy.(as written by me to a friend...)
I need to go again. Soon. It's been way too long.
3. Successfully took the kids to Stations at the local Catholic school today. It was lovely. Right on their level, and short. I think this will definitely be a mainstay this Lent.
4. Also receiving rave reviews is the "good deeds" jar inspired by Karen and probably a zillion other bloggers. I love it. And my kids are excited at the thought of their good beans getting traded out for m&ms or skittles on Easter Sunday.... Ingenious.
5. Seems strange to be doing "un-Lenty" things the very first week of Lent, but here it is. I'm getting my quarterly haircut today (once every 3 months... it's how I justify the cost in order to put my hair into the very capable hands of Franz... ) I'm also bringing the snacks for our monthly Ladies' Bunco night. Tomorrow the boys have a birthday party to attend. A busier weekend than I had anticipated.
6. Lil Sis is doing great. I'm really quite amazed at how easily she can "roll with the punches" of living in a house with lots of loud little ones. Last night, with the heat and all, we had to request that she keep her door open to facilitate the breeze coming through her south-facing window... one of only two in the entire upstairs. She managed to read and study through the chaos of bedtime without a peep of complaint. And the kids never stepped foot in her room, even though they know that her open door is a sign that they may do so.
7. Laundry is done, but there are many more chores to be accomplished. And that's the way of it, isn't it? A Mama's work is never done, and while there are times that fact drives me crazy, there are many more times that I think forward to the days when my chores will not be necessary anymore. And I am so grateful for this time. My kids are here, underfoot and safe. How very blessed am I.
:)
Visit Jen for more Quick Takes...
No comments:
Post a Comment