... for my morning coffee not to require ice cubes.
... for the cold tap water to actually be cold.
... for the shorts to cycle out of the wash loads forever. (or at least a few months)
... in brief? For this to make it's way down here.
Come on, Fall!!
:)
10 comments:
We are hoping and praying right along with you that it doesn't disappear over Oklahoma.
Pardon my ignorance, but do you really get Fall in Texas? My sister lives in Houston, and she gives the impression that it never cools off. Maybe that's just Houston. (Or maybe that's just her looking for sympathy. :)
We've been getting teased up here in Ohio for weeks now. I'm sorry to say, it's in the 80s today. In October. Just not right.
Ignorance pardoned.
:)
It has taken me 10 years of living down here to realize that, yes, we DO get fall. The leaves are definitely FALLing, just not the temps. Not yet. Well, not enough.
But they will.
Soon it will be a HIGH of 60 and we will be freezing.
Stop laughing.
;P
I agree w/ Diane. I also live in Ohio and we've had some great fall days but then we get reports that it's going to be int he mid 80s. I WANT FALL. I want to be able to wear all my snuggly sweaters. :)
I am ready for some change too. Currently it is 83 degrees at 6pm. I see poeple wearing their FAll stuff and I still haven't put away the shorts and flip flops.
Now I am curious if that front will head my way ...
Gosh ... I do know how to spell PEOPLE.
Later in the week we have lows that dip down into the 50's, but the highs will still be 80. I need a good cool day to get motivated to do some fall decorating and BAKING.
My biggest problem is that I get the urge to clean out my closet, get rid of the tee-shirts that have become ratty (since I've only been wearing them since, oh, MARCH) and replace them with the fall/winter clothes on the other side of the closet--and it's still WEEKS too early.
By the time the weather cooperates, I'll be too busy getting ready for Christmas to do the summer-clean-out properly.
And then in the spring, I'll have the exact same problem in reverse: a longing for shorter skirts and short-sleeved tops a good four weeks before the final cold snap. (At least I've cured myself of believing that those balmy temps that appear sometime between the middle of February and the middle of March are actually more than a tease; I used to go ahead and pack away most of the winter things then, only, inevitable, to be digging through the boxes in the garage to pull the children's corduroys and sweat pants back out again for those last few tantalizing weeks of winter.
Texas takes some getting used to.
It hasn't even hit Ohio, babe. You may have to wait awhile!
Oh I so agree! Here in Phoenix it has only dipped down into the 80's once. We are still mid to upper 90's. Since we just moved here from (brrr) Wyoming, I am not used to seeing the leaves not change. It's very strange to see people talking about fall and some even talking about winter, while I am still roasting. Come on cold front!
Sorry, I can't feel your pain here...I live in Iowa :o) Sometimes I WISH it would stay warm. Not much help am I?
I do like Fall though and maybe the 1st snow, but then well, it can all go back to sunny and warm.
Anyway, hoping you get your wish soon.
Post a Comment