Tuesday, October 09, 2007

A Warning...

... to all you contact wearers out there.

If you should ever decide upon waking up one morning, that the first thing you need to do is chop up and saute a large onion, please note the following:


1. Do not think that merely rinsing your hands in cold water will purge your hands of the onion juice.

2. Do not proceed directly to your bathroom with onion-juice-covered-hands to put in your contacts.

3. When you feel your right contact beginning to burn, do not put your left contact in, thinking that your hands are now clean enough to do so.

4. With your eyeballs burning out of their sockets and tears streaming down your face, do not decide to lather up your hands with antibacterial soap.

5. When the soap is finally rinsed away, and the offending contacts are in the garbage....

DO go make yourself some coffee!!

:)

7 comments:

E Caughron said...

Congratulations on the contract!!! I have been wondering how that was going (I think selling a house with children takes significant time off purgatory :-) .

About the onion juice - do you have a stainless steel sink? Anything stainless that you wipe your hands on will take that onion juice and smell right away. It really works. You can even buy stainless steel "bars of soap" for this purpose, (I know, someone gave one to me) but the sink will work as well. Hope your eyes feel better.

christine M said...

Yikes - what a way to start the morning. Hope your day gets better.

Erin Manning said...

Focus Daily Disposables.

That's all I'm sayin'.

:)

momto5minnies said...

OWWWWCHHHHHHHH!

I don't wear contacts (yet), but I can just imagine the pain. Onions get me crying all the time.

Anonymous said...

I wear contacts, too. Yes, onions are bad, but the absolute WORSE was when I was cutting up habanero peppers....

Barbara said...

Sounds like that was a tough lesson to learn! And why were we cooking onions in the morning?

nutmeg said...

Paula, that's what my friend Lisa said when I told her about my brilliance....

scmom, I was making dinner, a pot roast to put in the slow cooker. We had a hugely busy day yesterday.

Guess next time I'll wait until AFTER I drink my coffee... you know, when I can think straight.

:)