Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Join Us!

Tomorrow marks the first monthly installment of the Blogging Book Club. We will be discussing Left To Tell.

If you've read the book, please chime in with your thoughts and impressions!

If you'd like to write up your own review and post it on your blog, please let me know by the end of the day.

I hope we can generate many insightful and thought-provoking discussions.

Please.... join in!

:)

10 comments:

Barbara said...

Hi Nutmeg,
I'll post my own review on my blog. I wasn't sure I was up to it, but I pulled something out. Do you want me to post it today?

Emily said...

I will also post one on my blog. There was so much to absorb. What a great book!
If you want it up today, let me know and I'll get crackin'. :)

nutmeg said...

Whenever you can get a post up, that would be great. But I can always adjust my links tomorrow.... no big deal.

Looking forward to seeing what you've got!

:)

Kristen Laurence said...

That is a fantastic book. I'm looking forward to reading everyone's reviews.

In case anyone is interested, there's a good documentary out on the genocide called "Ghosts of Rwanda". We rented our copy from Netflix.

Anonymous said...

Nutmeg,
I read this book after my aunt showed me her interview on Raymond Arroyo's "The World Over" program. I call her "My Immaculee". She is such an inspiration. Such a beautiful heart. I was grateful to get an understanding of how this happened in our modern world. What strikes me is that it could happen anywhere. The victims and killers were neighbors-not a village away, but houses and streets away, they attended school together. I describe the book to everyone as the most terrifying and the most beautiful book I've ever read.
Beth

Mom of boys said...

Here is my thoughts on such a fantastic book. Thanks for such a great choice!

http://queen-of-the-castle.blogspot.com/2007/10/book-review-left-to-tell.html

Mom of boys said...

Here "are" my thoughts - sorry for my grammatical problems.

Emily said...

Mine is up now for viewing pleasure. :)

http://bucketofparts.blogspot.com/2007/10/bookshelf-left-to-tell.html

Barbara said...

I'm up, too.

Elizabeth Foss said...

Mine's up too. Thanks so much for recommending this book, Nutmeg. It truly is life-altering.\http://ebeth.typepad.com/reallearning/2007/10/left-to-tell.html