Friday, January 15, 2010

Early Morning

Standing at the precipice
About to hurl myself over the edge
of today,
I wonder at my past folly.

To leap and not to care
if the net was secure
if the wind was right
if I was right.

To leap and not wonder
at the uncertainty of
the day ahead.
All that would happen.
Not to wonder
was I ready?

What folly
to cast myself into today
and not secure the bindings
and make safe my path
through His love
of words
and comfort.

And step out, firmly tethered
to weather the storms
directing my ship
with His hand
and
ride the waves of grace.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have captured it well...unless you take the step and trust as best you can, you will never know what the plan is/was...riding "the winds of grace" is always exciting and awe-inspiring...much love...

Margaret in Minnesota said...

I love your poetry, 'Meg, and am so glad you share it.

Margaret in Minnesota said...

PS. I have heard that the words "Be not afraid" (or the equivalent) appear in the Bible 365 times. Once for each day!