Thursday, January 25, 2007

Snapshot

Playing along with Holy Mama this morning...


Reading: My Magnificat, and about to start North and South... it's a bookclub thing.

Music in my Head: Signing Time's Turtle Rock... and it won't. go. away.

Drinking: coffee, Highlander Grog, to be exact.

Wishing: the temperature would get warmer, or that we could fast-forward to April.

Considering: moving to Miami (see above)

Feeling: cold and grey...

Goals: smile a lot today, no matter what. There are a billion reasons for me to offer up my day, might as well make it count!

To do list: schooling, laundry, meals, ballet for girls

Hours spent in bathtub last night: 40 minute shower

Things accomplished: dinner in crockpot, breakfast served, half of schooling done. oh, and I'm dressed...

Hoping: that my boys don't fight like they did yesterday, the house doesn't burn down (due to electrical outlets exploding this morning.....lovely, eh?), and that this arrives today.


How is everyone else doing today? Care to share your own snapshot?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh, tell me if you like the bronzer thing. (you're so tan anyway!) i think i've heard good stuff about it, but i can't remember where.

Emily said...

Reading: Passage to India, by E.M.Forester

Music in my Head: The Hunchback of Notre Dame soundtrack, because I just watched the movie.

Drinking: Jones sugar-free black cherry soda (very, very good. Something fun about drinking soda out of a bottle)

Wishing: that it wasn't 19 degrees outside

Considering: going to Pizzaria Uno's tonight for good pizza

Feeling: not too bad, sort of sleepy

Goals: write something for my short story! Call mom. Read some more of my book.

To do list: pay rent, clean tomorrow, make muffins

Hours spent in bathtub last night: none...sigh

Things accomplished: wrote in my journal, got dressed (today that is an accomplishment), watched Hunchback of Notre Dame, paid bills for when I get paid next week (hurrah!)

Hoping: that it doesn't snow anymore, that I got my ballet tickets in the mail.

BTW, have you seen the North and South mini-series? The whole thing is like 18 hours, but the first part, just based on North and South, is only like 6. Maybe you can watch it in chunks or something...

nutmeg said...

Is it the Elizabeth Gaskell North and South? It's not the Civil War one...

I am enjoying my book, I must say. It's kind of like a Jane Austen type book.

Emily said...

Oh, whoops, forgot Elizabeth Gaskill wrote one too! Nope, I was thinking Civil War, although I know the BBC did a version of her book, too, but I've never watched it. I have to read her Wives and Daughters ; I got it for my birthday two years ago and haven't touched it yet....