I've been memed by Michelle!
1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus?
I love the Morning Offering, and the short prayer, "Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on me!"
2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer?
The "Hail Mary" is an automatic prayer for me if I'm distressed or in imminent danger. I also love the "Memorare". I wish I could be regular in my devotion to the Rosary... something to work on this year.
3. Do you wear a scapular or medal?
I used to. I stopped because I felt hypocritical, since the devotion to the brown scapular includes a devotion to the daily rosary, which... see #2.
4. Do you have holy water in your home?
Yes.
5. Do you ‘offer up’ your sufferings?
I try to. Usually it's the sort of thing I offer up before or after the fact. It's funny how God gives you difficult days when you tell someone that you'll be offering up your day for them... certainly helps me to keep my focus.
6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays?
No, unfortunately.
7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration?
DH and I have tried to go every week, separately. I really really love this time in front of the Blessed Sacrament. As the holidays approached, we stopped going. But I am firm in re-committing myself to this devotion.
8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or Sunday morning Mass person?
We go on Sunday mornings.
9. Do you say prayers at mealtime?
Yes.
10. Favorite Saint(s)?
Saint Gemma Galgani, Saint Nino, Saint Adelaide, Saint Margaret Clitherow
11. Can you recite the Apostles Creed by heart?
Yes.
12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day?
Does, "Lord have mercy!" count when dealing with my children?
13. Where is your favorite place to pray?
In the morning, with my cup of coffee and Magnificat; in the afternoon in the sun with my Magnificat, and in bed with my Magnificat at night before falling asleep... (love that Magnificat!)
14. Bonus Question: When you pass by an automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved?
I do, but my children just want to see what happened... we're working on this one.
Let's see, I tag Cubeland Mystic, if he is so inclined; and Suzanne Di Silvestri, and Michelle, and Studeo. (unless they've already done this one?) And my sisters... Portia, Sephora and Alvy.
And anyone else that wants to.
:)
2 comments:
We share #12's answer.
BTW, I want to know more about the Varicare pills you posted about on Danielle's site. My last pregnancy brought varicose veins for the first time (only spider veins before that), and I don't want to deal with them again.
I just did a quick google search, and the first one that came up was Varicare from Enzymatic Therapy. Thats the one! If you click on it and scroll down, it gives you a breakdown of the herbs in it and how it helps your veins.
I really relied on these, and could tell when I hadn't taken them. I only have a few varicose veins (around my knees) so it's not really severe, but those few hurt very badly (to the point where it's hard to walk) when I am pregnant.
You can order them right off their site.
Post a Comment