Saturday, September 16, 2006

It's been a month...

...I think. And if it hasn't, please don't bring it to my attention that my house is way more out of control than I'd like to admit.

So, here's the contest.

Name me some things that are out of place, in the most wackiest (double superlative, I know) places in your house.

Here's mine:

1. outdoor spotlight on top shelf of bookshelf

2. Obi Wan child-size light saber on tippy top of same book shelf

3. grocery bag of paper garbage hangs on the sliding glass door

4. DD #2's sandals in our bookshelf (OK, just what isn't in our bookshelf?)

5. Yes, the bee is still frozen in a cup of ice in our freezer...

6. And until just recently, Aqua Man has been hanging from a thread (literally, I think it was pink thread) from one of the knobs to the closet in our bedroom...a souvenir from the days when the kids occupied our room...



Take a gander around your abode and let us know what you find!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Nightwing action figure hanging in the basketball net.
2. Potty chair in the den. (We are not using it, just getting use to it.)
3. Replacement toilet tank gasket next to the Blessed Mother statue. (I hope she doesn't think I want her to replace it!)
4. A pile of assorted screws in the bathroom. (No, it is not currently being remodeled nor was it remodeled in the recent past.)
5. A steamer in my bedroom. Not a facial steamer... a vegetable steamer. Doesn't everyone keep one in there?
6. I checked my freezer and found no frozen insects. I did find a straw. No cup, just a straw.

This was fun!

Suzanne Di Silvestri said...

I once found a bottle of Tabasco sauce in my bathtub. That remains my biggest head scratcher. One had to wonder what possible sequence of events could lead to this.

I have been meaning to post for some time to comiserate with you about homeschooling 8 year old would-rather-be-doing-anything-else-but-schoolwork boys. Some days are exhilarating and some days make me bawl in frustration. Each morning is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you are going to get!

I hope it is going smoothly for you. I currently have no consistent tips, but will share once I figure out what works and doesn't!

Anonymous said...

hmm. my mom's purse is in the diaper basket. she bought it online and had it mailed to me, and that's where i put it two weeks ago, and it's still there.

teresa said...

Once when I was pregnant I put a full cup of coffee in the cupbosrd with the clean ones while putting dishes away. My poor husband found it later that day when he came home from work, and thought I was losing it.

BTW, what do you use for teaching your little ones phonics? I made the grusome mistake of buying Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Excruciating-er, Easy Lessons. I think it was a mistake. Maybe I will ask studeo, too.

nutmeg said...

Too funny.

Right after I wrote this up and went back to tuck the girls in bed, I noticed DD #2 (who else?) was trying to hide something from me in her blankie.....it was a raw egg.

I tried to ask her what she had been thinking, but all that came out was weird kind of strangled cough, and I had to leave the room really fast.

Anonymous said...

For Teresa,
I started using 100 Easy Lessons and didn't like it either. I have switched to CHC's Little Stories for Little Folks which is a very Catholic program (I don't know ifd you are or not). My SIL and MIL used Professor Phonics. I have known people who have stuck with the 100 Easy Lessons for longer than I did, but even they didn't complete the book. Hope this helps.