Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Good News is....Nothing's Broken (or, how to waste a couple of hours at the ER)

Seems that DD #3 needed something a bit more official than just strawberry cupcakes to commemorate her 2nd birthday....

I know, I know, how about a trip to Children's Hospital!

Yessiree.

Little Mae-love decided that the 18"x18"x2" cement block Papa had set upright on the ground really needed to be laid down, directly on top of her very own pudgy foot. While she screamed bloody murder, her two oh-so-helpful big brothers ran around the house with their hands over their ears (more from fright than the noise...I know, it's weird, I don't know where they get it from!) screaming, "her foot! her foot!"

I dashed outside and heaved the 10 ton block off her squished toes.

We gave her ibuprofen, and a cold washcloth, and thought we should bring her in. I couldn't imagine that her little foot could have weathered that crash.

She was a trooper throughout the whole ordeal, the x-rays, the probing, the blood pressure taking, the pulse-rate monitoring...(why does every person within a ten foot radius of the child have to listen to her heart??)

As noted in the title of this post, nothing is broken. But she will be sore for awhile, and I will feel like I have a newborn, since she prefers to be carried rather than limp along eveywhere....

It's about time for a newborn around here, anyway, right? (no, I have no. news.)

;)

2 comments:

Suzanne Di Silvestri said...

Poor things...both her AND you! There is nothing quite so awful as a trip to the ER with a young child.

I'm glad nothing was broken and hope that her foot heals soon!

Michelle said...

I pray for quick healing too. And I think my boys would have reacted much the same way - which is to say with no help at all.