Monday, April 27, 2009

My Heart's At Home Daybook...

I just love doing these. Especially when I take the time to look back and read about the days gone by. These are little glimpses into my heart and home. Lots of memories to cherish.

:)


Outside my window...

Rain. And thunder. Lots of it. All day. Perfect day for slow cookers, baking bread and chocolate chip cookies.


I am listening to....

The kids playing Connect Four while taking a break from their school work. DH bought the game yesterday, and the kids have been really enjoying it.


To live the liturgy...

Little Dear makes her First Penance on Wednesday (feast of St. Catherine of Sienna, and my birthday!) and her First Communion May 23rd. Lots of preparations going on around here, physically and spiritually.


To be fit and happy...

Back and stomach exercises only these days. I need to get more motivated somehow. Lil Sis and I share a pure hatred of running for the sake of it. Don't know if I'll be able to overcome it like she has.


I am thankful for...

Our home, DH's job, and my next door neighbor who once again showered us with flowers for my front bed. He is super generous.


From the kitchen...

Pork chops in a mushroom and white wine sauce, rice, and homemade bread. Cookie baking later on with the littles.


I am wearing...

The comfiest pants I have ever owned. Grey-blue, tailored but stretchy... a light pink tank top and white flip flops. My hair is mega-curly due to all the humidity these days.


I am creating...

A million lists in my head. Some birthdays, an evening out, and an upcoming trip to the east coast has my head spinning. I need to get these lists out of my head and onto paper before my brain explodes. :)


On my mp3 player...

The Weepies, and hopefully some new mellow stuff from Lil Sis. Need to ask her...


Towards a real education...

Action Man finally has his testing next week for his Dyscalcula. I am excited to get some answers and form a game plan with people who know how to handle this sort of thing. Home schooling is awesome, but dealing with a learning disability requires outside help for sure.


Bringing beauty to my home...

Starts in my bedroom, I'm convinced. I need to be more disciplined there before I can move out and around to the rest of the house. And those chore charts need a serious re-vamping.


I am reading...

Just finished Hold Onto Your Kids... need to pick up The Power and the Glory for my IRL book club. I'm in between books, which is fine with me. I was reading two at once last month.


I am hoping and praying...

My heart is still heavy. Lots of prayers and worries there.


On keeping home...

Order and peace. That is my goal. I always fall short, but I haven't given up yet!


One of my favorite things...

Early morning thunderstorm snuggles. I can't sleep anyway, might as well be whispering with my littles in bed.


A few plans for the rest of the week...

Standardized testing for the kids... Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. An easier week of school because of that. It's all about resting and relaxing. And maybe a lake trip on Friday if the weather clears up.


A picture thought...


This time last year....


















And then this year....
















Funny how much changes, all while staying the same.

:)

1 comment:

momto5minnies said...

I've been meaning to offer up my sympathy for your alma mater President ... so sad.

I know how busy this time of year is. I know for me I seriously need to reorganize so much ... schedules, plans, chores, etc. I love the weather this time of the year, but still wish for the lazy days of summer (not that I really experience lazy -lol).

Your garden looks more lush where mine is really looking a bit sparse ... need to work on that.