Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hockey Moms ARE Pit Bulls!

I am living proof.

My boys had a game this morning. The first of two, playing on a team of misfits, against boys who have been playing together for years.

And they were doing very well... even ahead at one point.

Sports Fan was in goal. He is probably the smallest and scrawniest child on the team, but also one of the best. Why his coach wants him to wear 20 tons of equipment and flop around in front of the net is beyond me, but there he was, flopping like a pro.

Then it happened. Not once, not twice, but three and four times... my awesome goalie-son had his glove hand covering the ball, and some belligerent 10year old is whacking Sports Fan's glove with his stick. The first few times, our bleacher section was encouraging Sports Fan to hang tough.

The fourth time? (As Action Man started pushing the brat away from his brother...)

I was on my feet.

"Hey, Ref! Get that #1 OUTTA THERE!"

Mortified, I promptly sat back down. Did I just yell at the Referee? Luckily, all the other rabid hockey moms took up my war cry and demanded that the kid be benched. He wasn't... and he scored on Sports Fan, but then was totally robbed a few plays later as my little man flattened him on a break-away.

~insert evil cackle here~

I am Nutmeg. A rabid Hockey Mom.

And I wear Lipstick.

:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I L.O.V.E. IT!!!! You go GIRL....! Yay for Sports Fan!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and GOOD FOR YOU.... Action Man!!! (I didn't see that parenthesis the in the first time read...sorry :(.... )

Barbara said...

Don't keep that inner Mama Bear bottled up -- let her out!

Emily said...

Ha ha ha hah!!!! What a great story!
Hockey Moms rule! Be proud.