Monday, December 29, 2008

Well.... What a Weekend!

Things are jumpin' here at the Nut House, and since I've been MIA for awhile, I need to update y'all before any serious ruminations are posted.

~Assuming I've had any serious ruminations lately.... unless it was my scattered LSD-esque thoughts whilst attempting to knock this latest sinus infection by following my Dr's advice and taking MucinexDM... yeah, I could barely stand up for 12 hours.

~My one day in the horizontal position has cost me two days in the home-rescue project. I was seriously (don't laugh!) hoping to get some house-cleaning/de-cluttering done after the holidays. I barely have access to my laundry room at this point, and the living areas of the house are awash with toys. At least the meals keep coming, which is where it's at these days.

~Yesterday was one for the books, let me tell you. I jumped out of bed, threw some clothes on, and rushed off to pick up my youngest sister at the airport. She is returning for the second half of her sophomore year at college... but there's a twist. We drove to her apartment where we dumped all of her belongings into my car and her friend's, so she can move in with us! Her health and a few stress-factors at school are necessitating this move, and begs the obvious... will it really be less stressful here? Ha. That remains to be seen. But at least she'll have her own room, and a solid dinner every night.

And, I don't know... I think she'll fit in:


















What do you think?




















:)

3 comments:

Margaret in Minnesota said...

Do blog more about your lil' sister's visit! Even better, have her do a guest post dishing the dirt on the real 'Meg!

Wait a minute. I've met the real 'Meg and there is no dirt.

Drat.

You are a sweetie-pie for taking her in like that and I am sure that she will love being surrounded by all those happy, [cross-eyed] faces. I remember my college days and how happy I was when I visited my big sis and all her kids. I never wanted to leave.

Karen Edmisten said...

Looks like a match made in heaven.

Lisa said...

I t's amazing what some good nutrition and just plain ole' lovin' can do for a starving, stressed out college student! You guys will be awesome medicine, I know! Happy, blessed New Year to all of you!