Outside: Sunny and chilly. Well, it's 60. And tomorrow will be 70. But then it's back down to the 50's. I know, poor me.
Inside: Chaos reigns. Day #1 of homeschooling after Thanksgiving break and I feel like the guillotine master. My poor kids. Only 15 days to go until Christmas break!
What I am reading: Supposed to be reading Lying Awake by Mark Saltzman. Need to get my hands on it before my IRL bookclub meeting on the 8th!
What I am planning: A toy swap on Saturday morning here at the Nut House. A bunch of us moms decided that we should benefit from other's surplus and host a quasi-garage sale/give-away with coffee and treats. Shhh. Don't tell Little Boo. I also have a few parties to attend and much gift-buying to accomplish.
What I am craving: This. Every year. Especially the DQ version. And I may or may not be planning my Christmas shopping outing to include a round-about scenic route through the nearest DQ drive thru. DH doesn't get it, but there are those of you out there who do. Let's commiserate.
Projects: Sounds crazy, but I still want to paint the other wall in our front room and re-cover those cushions in the home school room. I know this has nothing to do with Advent or Christmas prep, but it needs to be done, and I need to be disciplined enough to accomplish it. At least I'll feel better knowing I reached a goal.
Towards a healthier me: The piece of pumpkin pie I just inhaled aside, I'm noticing a few lumps where no lumps should be, and the panting as I scale our stairs is not an attractive habit. I am contemplating my upcoming soccer season, and thinking that if I really do not want to totally humiliate myself, I have got to get my rear in gear. So, right now I'm in the thinking stages. With high hopes of lacing up my running shoes soon.
Living the Faith: Advent wreath, check. Advent lapbook? Hmmm. Still on order. Hope it comes soon. This is an area we always need to work on. I am hoping that this Advent we turn a corner.
What's your (not so) still life look like these days?
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment