Monday, November 03, 2008

Picture Post

Because I know y'all are dying to see our costumes....

:)
















From left to right:
Queen Susan/St. Elizabeth of Hungary
Pocohontas/ Kateri Tekawitha
Reepicheep/ St. Francis' mouse
Davy Crockett/ St. George (minus hat, add cape and sword)
Obi-Wan/St. Francis

Not bad in the two-in-one department, eh?

We were invited to two Halloween parties, and an All Saints party. We opted to stay home for Halloween and just Trick-or-Treat throughout our neighborhood, and then attend the All Saints' party the next evening. It made for a crazy weekend with soccer and fixing meals for our friends... but it was definitely fun.

Let's get a close-up on my first attempt at "homemade"....




















I'm not completely sold on this whole sewing adventure, but the fact that she actually looks like an Indian makes it a success!

:)

6 comments:

love2learnmom said...

Very nice - I like the two-in-one thing. We've done a little of that (one year the Lion from the Wizard of Oz doubled as the lion from Daniel in the Lion's Den).

Congratulations on the sewing success! I'm not quite that brave yet. :)

Anonymous said...

Well done, Nutmeg. My kids and I got a big chuckle from the last week's post about making costumes. Those are my sentiments exactly, so much so that my 13 (almost 14) year old daughter took things in hand and found all the possible past costumes in the house that could be re-formatted into new ones. We've never been able to do double service costumes to suffice for an All Saints' party too! (There have been saint years and non-saint years).
Just imagine the Christmas crafts...Cathy C.

momto5minnies said...

You did a fabulous job ... you should feel proud.

Sounds like you had a wonderful HALLOWEEN/ALL SAINTS day!

Sephora said...

I'm pretty impressed with that Indian costume! It will be a while before I will make any independent attempts on a sewing machine. Besides, that's behind new binocular's in our priority "saving up for" list!

Aimee said...

Hey, those costumes are great! I especially like Reepicheep -- too cute :)

I dragged my brood to the local Target and told them to pick out anything that said "clearance."

I ended up with a motley crew, but they were pleased :)

Lisa said...

Great Job! If the Trick-or-Treater is happy, then Mama has to be happy! &;o)