Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The God We Serve is Constant

Neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God.


I have to admit a feeling of deep-seated terror this morning as I awoke. The thought of the errors in judgment that could be made with a man in such a position of power who truly does not know the potential for evil in this world.... who, in fact, cannot recognize the despicable evil in his own policies of refusing to protect precious babies who survive abortion... it scares me down to the bottom of my soul.

But then I remember.

Our God is constant.

Our God is faithful.

Our God is justice.

And mercy.

The time for prayer has only begun.

4 comments:

Sephora said...

And the time has also come for getting the passports updated.... Although Colin and I always mention Wyoming Catholic as an alternative way to use his degree :)
Praying with you....

Erin said...

I felt the same terror last night. This leapt out of the Psalms at me this morning:

The Lord loves those that hate evil/ He guards the lives of His faithful ones/ from the hand of the wicked He delivers them.

Light dawns for the just/ and gladness for the upright of heart/ Be glad in the Lord, you just/ and give thanks to His holy name.

Emily said...

Amen, Meg.
I also remember the verse, God will never forsake you or forget you.

We will need much prayer during the next few years.
And I still love Sarah.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for such a calming post. I was so sad and also remembered that when our Lord was in the garden being tempted by the devil he saw all the sins committed. He knew this would happen too.