What in the world would make her think I am quirky?
:)
Here are the rules:
~Link the person(s) who tagged you.
~Mention the rules on your blog.
~Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours. (emphasis mine... the wording amuses me)
~Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them.
~Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
1. I am the official insect-squasher in the house. I am the one the kids come to, to kill all kinds of bugs... except one. Cockroaches. I have been known to call upon a certain friend's husband to come and kill one when my own cockroach slayer was out of town. I get seriously freaked out by them. Even if they are dead. We have a dead one in our home school room right now, waiting for DH to pick up and throw away. The kids know better than to ask me to do it.
2. I shower at night, right before going to bed. (unless I am going out and will be out late, then I shower before going out) This is a practice I started way back when Action Man was 7 months old, and we were visiting the farm for the first time. I had found that it was a complete waste of time and energy to shower every morning, since I was never "ready for the day" until around noon, what with all the chores to be done. And then, after helping in the fields, or working in the kitchen, I was a dripping mess and needed to hose down before bed. So, I changed my ways. And now, all I need is a strong cup of java and a serious face scrubbing, and I'm good to go.
3. Speaking of java. It's not very quirky that I need it, it's more of when I need it. I can't drink coffee first thing in the morning. I need to eat first. And then, I don't necessarily want it right after I eat. I need to get dressed and wash my face first. Then, and only then, do I feel refreshed and really in need of that wonderfully huge mug of sanity. And when my parents, or a certain farmer come to visit, I need to consciously get up and make that coffee first thing, because they are so not like me.
4. I am prolific in my use of commas. The daughter of an English teacher, and, I love, love, love, to use commas. One of my high school English teachers nicknamed me "Nutmeg-comma-(last name)" Be on the look out for more wild and varied uses of the comma at your local Nut House blog. Even though, apparently, I am more like this.
5. I can be a pretty intense person. Depending on the circumstances, there are times when I really cannot keep my mouth shut. Most of those times, I should have. But I am learning to be more diplomatic. My friends tell me that my opinions are refreshing. I think they are just being nice, and have gotten quite used to my ever-evolving thoughts on parenting/homeschooling/baking/breathing.... yes, I have quite the repertoire. And when I latch onto a new idea, I delve into it 110%. And wonder why no-one else does. A month later, I'm on to something else. It's really exhausting to be me.
6. I'm a terrible back-seat driver... or passenger-seat driver, as the case may be. It doesn't help that my DH is not really known for his defensive driving skills. Just ask his Canadian buddies, they'll tell you. Besides, I tell him, you should hear what I'm not saying.
Since this meme is yet another old one, feel free to do it and let me know. And one word of advice, if you're stumped on what your #6 quirk should be...
Don't ask your husband.
Trust me on that one.
:)
3 comments:
Nutmeg, I shower at night, too. There's nothing like sliding between the sheets all fresh and clean. I just can't go to bed without it. Have a great Tuesday.
Yay! These are fun. :)
I shower at night *and* in the morning. It started with Texas summers, and went from there...
I played! :-)
Mrs. Bear
Post a Comment