Sunday, September 23, 2007

Loveliness Fair!!


October 1st will be a banner day over here at the Nut House.

We will be hosting a Loveliness Fair.

Now I know there is nothing lovely about a Nut House... too many squirrels.

But while this Nut House cannot promise to be tidy, it does guarantee that it will be filled with the many wonderful tastes and smells of comfort drinks.

To all of my in-state blogging friends who may scoff at the notion of discussing comfort drinks in 90+ degree heat, let me say one thing:

Pretend, people.

For the sake of our bloggy neighbors to the north. Pretend it's 65 degrees and we're freezing.

'K?

I will be taking your submissions through Sunday morning, September 30th. And will hopefully have it all up and running by Monday.

No lemonade posts allowed.

:)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.lionheartapparel.com/Maristella/

Meg

Please check this out. This should be pretty cool stuff when it comes out. Check out the Men's stuff. I am going to buy this stuff.

nutmeg said...

Hi Cube... great to hear from ya!

I looked, and even though I am not typically a t-shirt gal, I liked the subtlety of them.

Thanks for sharing the link!

:)

Emily said...

drink suggestion:
OK this is probably cheating since I don't 'make' it, technically, but:

I like to buy WIlliams-Sonoma hot chocolate mix. It is actually chocolate shavings that, when added to lovely, warm milk, creates the sensation that you are drinking a chocolate bar. Adding cinnamon sticks is also a lovely treat, as are little cinnamon hearts. And a nice, big dollop of whipped cream. :)

Barbara said...

I am not certain I have recipes for any non-alcoholic beverages, but I'll investigate.

nutmeg said...

Sounds yummy, Emily... I will include that one in my post!

And scmom? You know, of course, that comforting alcoholic drinks are very welcome here!!

:)

Mrs. Bear said...

All manner of teas, particularly chai, hot toddies, and simple or fancy hot cocoa. (Does anyone know how to make that spiced Tang drink?)

I can't wait to see what yummy drinks you will feature! :-)