Monday, September 10, 2007

*Applause*

This guy gets it exactly right.

We had a similar problem on our flight home. The movie they showed was entitled Gracie. And while it seemed like a feel-good family film, there were parts of it that were definitely not for my children's eyes....

Like, when she "dressed up" to go out and dance and smooch it up with the guys on the soccer team. And then her father catches her in the back seat of a car with one of them... stuff like that.

Unfortunately, since we fly stand-by, there was nothing I could say. If we were fully paying passengers, I would raise hell, no question. Because when it comes to my kids and their innocence, I can be one mean Mama Bear.

Luckily, we had our own dvd player and head phones. And after awhile the sexual scenes were gone and it was all soccer.

I can't imagine if it had been a show like Shooter or King Kong or Fracture.

Yikes.

I guess it's a good thing our travel privileges end in June, eh? A blessing in disguise...

:)

1 comment:

Qtpies7 said...

That is bad news. I recently let my teens fly, but I don't think they were offered movies. But they are able to discern things for themselves, and I know they chose not to spend their precious money on headphones!
I can't afford to fly with all my kids, but I would not be happy, either.