If you have no idea what I'm talking about, read here.
October's pick will be Left To Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust by Immaculee Ilibagiza. The discussion will be held here on my blog, on October 25th. Please read the book and prepare to comment on it that day. (of course, the discussion can continue beyond one day... but let's get it started that day.)
If you'd rather write up an entire post on your own blog about the book, (kind of like the way a fair works) that would be fine. Just leave me a link in my comments by the afternoon before, so the discussions can be continued on your own blogs.
Of course, if you don't have a blog, please participate anyway! Leave lots of comments all around. The more participation, the better.
And let's get the next few months hammered out.
Would you all like to pick a book and a month?
Or do you want me to post my "real life" book club list for y'all?
Thanks for making this work!
:)
10 comments:
Although I did not leave a positive comment before, I will now. I think this is a wonderful idea, and just in time, because I was beginning to wonder what I was going to read this weekend on our day trip to Portland, Oregon!
Um... day trip to Oregon??
'splain, please!!
call me.
:)
I would be willing to do a rotating hosting cycle, where a new person picks a book each month--I know I have plenty of suggestions. Are all genres fair game?
I, too, would be up for rotating host duties.
I am very excited as I need the accountibility to finish the book (in addition the large stack I have sitting around :-))
Happy Reading!
Hi Ladies! Thanks for responding!
I would much rather rotate hosting duties, so I'm glad you guys are interested.
All genres are fair game, and I know we are all good Christian women, so if we could keep it smutless... (do I even have to say that?!?!) But yes, fiction, non-fiction, whatever... Just pick one and a month and let me know!
:)
I love a book club! Count me in!
I just read Left to Tell. So, it looks like I'm all set for the first one! -Carmen
I'm still in. And still reading.
I do still want you to post your real-life list, just because I'm always on the hunt for more books. I have already read one from my Fall Into Reading list!
I would be willing to pick a book and host a month, just not February, as that is when the baby is due to arrive (the end of Feb). So any month before that is fine. Thanks for motivating us!
This does sound like fun--I'll have to see if I can get hold of the book. But what a great idea!
I am so excited...I'm ordering the book on Amazon right now.
I am always willing to host and suggest books. I was a college English major and my concentration was British Literature, so I am always a fan of Jane Austen and the like. :)
Post a Comment