It was wonderful, and busy, and lots of fun.
Friday night, amidst the head-splitting shrieks and Chuck E. Cheese dancing, we reunited with good friends and visited with my sister. It was fun to watch the kids have fun, and I was really proud of how well my kids behaved. Usually at these things, the kids "get" things, and then their desire is insatiable, until I am hauling 5 howling kids to the car who didn't get/have/know that "XYZ" was there, so why can't we....?? blah blah blah. But, there was none of that, thank goodness!
Saturday was spent prepping for Sunday brunch and praying over my desserts. No, really, I was worried. Here I was, going to meet a bunch of really nice mommy-bloggers that didn't really know me, and I'm cooking dessert?? How crazy of me. Anyway, it was a truly wonderful evening. Everyone was super nice and fun, and the conversations were just great. And I am really really glad I went and didn't back out at the last minute, just because I was feeling like a chicken. I got to chat with Holy Mama herself! And many other great bloggers. It was fun, and the next time a group of mommy-bloggers (like maybe; Rosetta Stone, Minnesota Mom, Raising Saints, Blessed Among Men, Cozy Tea House, Castle Within...to name a few) want to get together....I'm there!
Sunday was "Fall back!" so I got an extra hour to
My sister Sephora ended up staying an extra day (like I knew she would!) and it was great to have some more "down time" visiting with her. (Do you realize how fun it is to type "visiting"? So many "i's" !)
Anyway, I'm pooped.
More "real" bloggin' tomorrow.
:)
10 comments:
I'm so glad I went, too. I'm so glad I got to meet you! I almost backed out but alas, I was bringing cheese. Next time it will be even more fun!
Glad to have met you, too, Katherine!
Yes, cheese is an important contribution....worth the hour-long wait in traffic!
:)
Blessings...
Your quiche was delicious! Thank you for having us over (almost all of us). November is going to be a crazy month for us, but we definately want to get together again soon!
Pooh! I didn't get to talk with you! But, I did enjoy your dessert... Can you share your recipe???
Thanks for not backing out!!!
( kissesof.sunshine@yahoo.com )
Next time I'm passing through the great state of Texas (which will probably be next summer) or the next time you visit your alma matter, I would be honored to meet you! And I'm sure our same-aged kids would love to play while we chat. Sounds like great fun!
I'm glad you didn't chicken out. You sound like Holymama who spent an hour in Target on Friday, trying to talk herself into getting into the car to come to it. Sometime stepping out on a limb really is fun! Even if you did make us jealous of your tall, beautiful self... after 5 kids even. Sigh. I will be happy at a not so skinny 5'2". I will be happy at a not so skinny 5'2". (repeat as necessary)
And the desserts were fabulous. I had 2 helpings, thankyouverymuch.
you know, my ONLY regret is that i didn't eat your desserts! i have no idea why, and i might have to try your brownie recipe after all to try to make up for it!
Aw, you guys really are so nice!
And Suzanne, I'd love to have you and your gang come by when you travel through here next summer... I think we'd all get along great!
Texas is a bit off my beaten path from where I am in Virginia right now...but next summer, I'm moving to Kansas...who knows, maybe a road trip to Texas will be doable!
PS: I've waffled so much on the ten random facts thing, that I think I'm just going to bag it. Maybe if I had swum with dolphins...I mean, WHAT else is there to say when someone does THAT? Oh YEAH, I walked on the MOON!
LOL Michelle...
Hey, I bet you can say you did the Moonwalk and not be lying!
Post a Comment