Thursday, October 12, 2006

Cold Front

















Yessiree, it was a whopping 58 degrees when we woke up this morning....almost cold enough to snow down here, my kids declared. It has been 60 degrees and holding since 9am. DH is in heaven, the big Canadian polar bear that he is. My fingers feel a bit nippy, but I am enjoying the fresh air.

We have a wonderful field trip planned for tomorrow. With the low being 48 degrees in the morning, it promises to be frigid for us thin-skinned folks.

OK...I give in.

Time to get the winter clothes out.

With some beef stew and fresh bread for dinner.

I really do love Fall!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My toes are frozen in my sandals, but I like them that way! Master Oldest (who has no body fat what so ever even though he eats like a race horse!)is warm and cozy in his sweats for the first time this fall and loving every minute of it! The girls can't wait to wear their pretty winter nightgowns tonight (they have been asking me since September). Thanks for reminding me to plan for dinner.

Michelle said...

Let me guess...you're really thinking hard about turning on the heat, huh?

nutmeg said...

Winter clothes and down comforter, for sure....

Heat?

Nah, I think I can hold out a few more degrees....

:)

teresa said...

That's the upstate New Yorker in you right? Good for you! We Canadians just turned our heat on last week for the first time. (Okay, I am not really a Canadian, and I was spoiled by 15 years of SoCal living, and I am not looking forward to winter...)

Mrs. Bear said...

+
What a cozy photo!
It snowed all day here today, but hardly any of it stuck around.

Margaret in Minnesota said...

Ya wanna know what the temperature was UP HERE this morning?

No, you don't.

That field trip looks like a lot of fun, btw. Trust me, your kids will have a blast & won't think twice about the temperature.