Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I'm excited....

Life in a Nutshell
... (and rather sheepishly) about an upcoming event in November.

It is very un-stereotypical of a Catholic homeschooling mother of 5 to be part of a fan club of a rock band, in order to have access to the early ticket sales, in order to get front row (yes, ma'am) tickets during their next tour......

But that's what I'm so excited about!!

You guessed it.

BNL is coming back to Texas, but not to our town. So DH and I are going away for an overnight...

together...

alone...

We have never done this before.

Ever.

I am excited, and a bit nervous about leaving the kids with our oh-so-reliable, comes-from-an-awesome-family, already-in-college, babysitter.

But, I cannot wait.

:)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hand over the name of the babysitter and no one gets hurt! :-)

I am so excited for you! Have a great time.

teresa said...

Oh how risque-- will you atleast wear a jumper to the concert, so the other concert goers will know you're a Catholic homeschooling mom? You could probably sew up a new one in time for Novemeber.

Hee hee. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

We should all try to change the impression that being a mom means losing your self. Unfortunately, people tend to run to extremes on both ends. Those moms who think they have to give up all of their likes and dislikes for the sake of the family do as much disservice to the vocation of motherhood as those moms who refuse to give up their lives and pass their children off to strangers to raise. Our faith teaches moderation in all things and this seems to be the hardest concept for us to grasp!

nutmeg said...

Too funny, Teresa....I was thinking a denim one, with senakers and maybe a TAC sweatshirt? (Oh, I don't think I have one of those anymore...)


CMW, the family goes to Cistercian and the oldest girl is a consecrated virgin and wears a white habit....
And, you are right about everything in moderation. It is hard, b/c our vocation demands so much of ourselves that it is easy to get lost in it without even knowing it!

nutmeg said...

I meant "sneakers"....

Chilihead2 said...

LOVE the BNL! I do not care for concerts so much but I LOVE BNL! So I give you props for 1)going to BNL 2)going away overnight with your husband 3)looking forward to it!

Laughing at the comment about the jumper. You can dress like Mary Katherine Elizabeth (or whoever that was on SNL): Superstar!

Go girl!

nutmeg said...

Chilihead... YAY Thanks for visiting me! I'm feeling a little too newbie for this upcoming shindig.....

Anyhow, if you love BNL and have not seen a concert, you MUST go! They are hiLARious live. They are up there, having a ball, doing their songs, switching the words around, doing impromptu raps, etc..... I just die laughing...and their dancing! Oh My Gosh, I don't feel bad groovin along when I watch Steve's moves....very funny.

Thanks for visiting!