Saturday, August 26, 2006

Constantly learning...

Life in a Nutshell
...why I married my dearest DH. This latest edition of my education is brought to you courtesy of DH's "guy's weekend out".


1. I will never ever know as much about Star Wars and my boys soon tire of my only answer: "I don't know"

2. Making dinner and then doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen, serving dessert, and cleaning up the kitchen, then cleaning up the kids and getting them to bed requires as much energy as climbing Mt. Everest .... three times.

3. A king size bed feels as big as a small continent.

4. Even with all of these people in the house, 10pm is way too quiet for my liking.

5. A pint of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Mint Cookie ice cream is a great comfort, but not as nice as an understanding smile, kiss or hug during a hectic day...

6. Going to mass this evening will guarantee me a double dose of graces....right?


I really don't know how other Moms do it. You kow, the ones whose husbands are deployed overseas, or who travel for work, or just aren't there. There are real heroines. I don't have to worry about the grass, or small house repairs, b/c my DH is coming home soon. And he hasn't been gone for very long. But long term? I am in awe with admiration.....

No comments: