Life in a Nutshell
Oxy Clean?
No, seriously. I am trying desperately to save money by getting stains out of a bunch of hand-me-downs for DD#1. They are great quality clothes (Gap, Gymboree, etc) but just stained.
And so, I buy the Oxy Clean, dilute it properly, dump all the clothes in the bucket, swish it around, and pray....
But to whom?
Maybe the patron saint of frugality.....
2 comments:
I forgot about that "soak"! It would have been cheaper too..... :P
St. Therese is a good one...I was also thinking of St. Gemma, she wouldn't want our Gemma dear to go around in soiled clothes, would she? :)
I'll second the soaking technique offered by, ironically, cascade mama. :) Some good old Cascade dishwasher detergent, some Biz bleach free whitener (or oxyclean) and laundry detergent. This worked pretty well on infant clothes that I had stored from my daughter that had 6 year old spit up stains on them that definitely weren't there when I packed them away. Yucky, yellow stains...most of them came out with this soak. Some had to soak twice. Hope it works for you!
Post a Comment