I approach this morning with trepidation. A long night translates into a quiet morning. All are still asleep. Yes, even the littlest.
The littlest who takes up the biggest part of me.
The one all flock to when rising.
He, who inspires humor and the most ridiculous serenades.
He consumes me. I am so honored.
:)
Little Dude is growing so quickly.
I find myself less torn these days....
You know, torn between wanting him to stay little and wanting him to grow and explore.
I used to be so torn. With Little Love, especially.
How to know God's plan? Will we have another? Can we just freeze this moment? For one more second?
But now...
Now that my boys are set to head off to school in the fall... I am so. excited. for them. Truly. I have no regrets and really am peaceful that this is what God wants for them, right now. I can't wait for them to go. Not because I don't want them around, but because I know this is where they need to be.
My Little Dear is so interested in dance and theater right now... and will be starting piano. So excited for her to find her niche! So excited that she got to go see a wonderful production of "As You Like It" last night with her drama class. She was glowing when she got home.
Now that Little Boo is a super star soccer player (ok, not really) I know that she is ready to take on the extra practices and games... indeed, she's been telling me this for quite awhile now. Hoofing it to practice in 100 degree temps is not MY idea of a good time. Ask Little Boo, however.... :)
That leaves my littlest, Little Love. She will always be my baby. But I am still so excited that she is growing up. She went to Camp Jesus all. week. with her sisters. Came home red-cheeked and full of stories every day. Up and at-em the next morning... and off she went. The house is quieter. The rooms less messy. :P But that big smile when I see her in the afternoon and the joy at being with her friends is just awesome.
I know that as my kids reach different milestones, I will always look back at when they were "little" and smile.
But I can see how the joy of watching them grow... of encouraging them to grow into the people God wants them to be, will more than make up for the longings of those days gone by.
Well... almost.
:)






1 comment:
This year especially has been a hard year for me to watch my girls grow up. Seeing my baby off to kindergarten(and now start 1st grade) and my oldest getting ready to drive and enter the 11th grade. It's made this mommy a little crazy. I appreciate your words about seeing the joy in them growing up instead of just longing for the past. I so struggle with the heart and mind ... sigh.
My homeschooler is going off to 8th grade at our local Catholic school. The 11 year old (6th grader) will be attending as well. This will be my first year with children all at school (all day).
Best of luck to your boys. I'm happy to hear that you are so excited for them.
Post a Comment