;)
Outside my Window...
Searing, scorching sun. I'm not one to complain, even though we have had triple digit temps for well over a week! I love the warmth on my skin... as long as I am immersed in water. Which is most definitely where we'll be this afternoon if I can get my laundry list of things accomplished by lunch time.
I am Listening to....
A very eager 11 yr old waiting (patiently?) for his siblings and Dad to wake up so he can open his presents. We do birthday presents in the morning before Dad heads off to work. Then it's the birthday child's choice for dinner and dessert. Should be a fun day.
I am Wearing...
Addidas sports skort, white tank, black croc sandals. None of it maternity.... some of the maternity tops I've looked at have been simply too large, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll be needing them.
Very. Soon.
;P
I am so Grateful for...
~Our tub! It's been a month since I've been able to indulge in my nightly luxury. DH cleaned it thoroughly yesterday so I could reinstate this ritual. Boy... it felt great! (shall I show you how lovely it looks? Sorry... the perfectionist in me wants to wait until the whole room is finished....)
~The internet. The finding and connecting of like-minds is a wonderful thing.... making those connections IRL possible. Very very good.
I am Pondering...
Charity in all circumstances. Even when, and especially when, it may be true ignorance on the part of the other that necessitates that you be charitable. Mass at our parish yesterday has spawned these thoughts. And the sight of Our Lord in the form of a consecrated host under the sneaker of the teenager in front of me. (unbeknownst to the teenager..) Even though I acted quickly, it still pains me today.
I am Reading...
The Ministry of Motherhood, Severe Mercy (2nd go-round) and In Conversation with God.
HELP! I have book club tonight, where we pick for the year. Any suggestions or recommendations?
I am Thinking...
Way. Too. Much.
I am Creating...
An organized home. Before we attempt one last trip to see my parents, there is a list of things I need to accomplish. I would warn that blogging will be scarce these next few weeks, but who am I kidding. Scarce and blogging have been synonymous around here for awhile. That's ok! I'm connecting where I need to connect, and accomplishing what needs to get accomplished.
On my iPod...
Looking at these, and getting excited.
In the meantime, Action Man has absconded the iPod and has discovered the wonderful world of old time radio shows like The Shadow and such. Also, the inglorious music of Green Day. Hmmmm. Time for him to get himself a new mp3 player?
Towards a Real Education...
We are ditching the state-funded curriculum this year and joining our local, wonderful home school co-op. The parent orientation meeting was last week. The kids will be doing some amazing work together. I am so very excited!
Towards Rhythm and Beauty...
De-clutter, organize, and clean. De-clutter, organize, and clean. De-clutter, organize, and clean. That's my mantra this week.
I am Hoping and Praying...
For Lil Sis. Lots of excitement on the horizon. God has been doing some amazing things this past week. It really defies all human explanation. And is so inspiring for this sometimes-world-weary Mama.
Around the House...
That whole de-clutter and organize thing. Plus a few projects to boost the look of the place, esp the home school room. Master bathroom will be finished in a few weeks. To say I am tired of having a shop vac and other various tools strewn throughout my bedroom would be an understatement. I can't wait to have it all completed!! (And neither can DH, poor man. He's been working like crazy, and just needs a break!)
From the Kitchen...
Birthday cake and tortilla soup for dinner for Sports Fan. Never mind that it will be 105 today. :P
One of my Favorite Things...
11 year old boys who still love Playmobil.
A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...
Birthday dinner, book club, out of town dinner guests, and lots of house projects.
Perfect for these dog days of summer!
:)
2 comments:
Happy birthday to your son! We have the same present/dinner/dessert tradition in our house. I love how at age 11 they still are using their imaginative and creative thinking skills in an innocent way. Amen!
Happy Birthday, Sports Fan!
Sounds like some good, fun busy times!!
Post a Comment