I have to admit I haven't been the happiest of campers.
I am so thrilled that this new life is growing inside me... it's just that the physical side effects have left me weakened. I don't do "weak" well.
Who does?
So, yes, I have been discouraged. And dismayed. And disgusted. Crawling uphill, with no respite in sight. Tons to do and no energy. Dragging through my days and not feeling God's push. Praying, and then forgetting my prayer.
Until today. God showed me today how much He loves me, by allowing other people to love me.
~Today, a wonderful friend of Lil Sis' came over. She needed pictures of the kids for a class project, and wanted to take care of them for awhile so I could rest. She came bearing cupcakes. The kids were ecstatic. Just as I was about to retire, she pulled out a bag... a huge bag... of brand new, customized crocs. One pair for each of us. I couldn't believe my eyes. She works at one of their stores and gets a discount. She accessorized each pair according to the kids' personalities. They are so awesome. The kids haven't taken them off.
~Also today, after
Tiny, small miracles. But how they have boosted my spirits today! When I e-mailed the head of the camp, exclaiming my gratitude and telling him how we all thought it a miracle, he summed it up perfectly:
Our God is a God of miracles.
I hope the children learn to expect them with a total sold-out faith.
Amen. (And maybe the Mama can begin to learn that, too...)
:)
2 comments:
WOW!! What a DAY you had! God does work His miracles in strange and mysterious ways....how wonderful!!!
So glad for you, and thank you for the hearty dose of inspiration besides! :-D
Post a Comment