:)
Outside My Window...
Sticky. Humid and sticky. The change of seasons brings storms... tornados and fantastic thunder and lightning. In between times? Sticky-ness. Yuck.
I Am Listening To...
Silence. The pre-dinner playtime romp has moved to our neighbor's home down the street. Usually, we are party central. Today, I am glad for the peace and quiet.
I Am Wearing...
Yoga pants and tank top. My wardrobe is extremely limited right now. The pessimistic side of me won't let the optimistic side of me indulge in maternity clothes just yet. Luckily, I wear things low on my hips... I still have a few pairs of pants and shorts that will work for now. Although, at 9 weeks, I'm already starting to show a bit. Won't be long before I'll need to buy a whole new wardrobe. Shucks darn, eh?
:P
I Am Thankful For...
Understanding friends who include us in their extended family's Easter celebration. Lisa's family always welcomes us with open arms, and I have never been so grateful as I was Sunday. After mass and a nap, we headed over there to enjoy amazing food, lots of good conversation, and tons of playtime for the kids. Sitting there, drinking my ginger ale punch, I was able to relax and enjoy the company and the food. It was the best gift ever.
I Am Pondering...
Strategies. Specifically, napping strategies. Naps are the only way I'm surviving. So far, the kids are being awesome about it. For the most part. :P
I Am Reading...
Just finished My Sister's Keeper, and am now starting the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Both for bookclub. Both great reads.
From The Kitchen...
(Ri-i-i-ght. Moving on) No, seriously. I promised the kids magic cookies bars tonight. I'll make a quick trip to the store for sweetened condensed milk and coconut. And maybe I'll post the recipe on my cooking blog later...
I Am Thinking...
That I will never ever like food again. At least, I can't even imagine what that will be like, when I can actually drink coffee again and eat and eat and eat! Cannot imagine.
I Am Creating...
A baby. :) And it takes up all of me. In fact, it takes more than I have. I told DH last night that I am merely the ghost of me. I am not fully here. Any extra energy I ever had is gone. And what I need in order to accomplish my duties for the day are gone too. Only a few short weeks, and I'll be over this hump, but to a Mama with a car load of kids and a busy schedule, there are some moments of despair. I'm learning to let it go and do what is necessary. My kids and DH are stepping up to the plate in a huge way. We are all learning right now.
Towards a Real Education...
Our morning routine has been tweaked, so I can nap in the afternoon. Yesterday went really well. I know it will be an uphill climb at first, but it will pay off in the end.
Towards Rhythm and Beauty...
My house is a wreck. :P And it will stay that way for awhile. Yes, the kids do their chores and DH is wonderful, but the nooks and crannies need wiping and dusting. The clothes need changing over, the toys need to be gone through, and I simply cannot do it right now. I'm trying to be ok with that. Really.
To Live the Liturgy...
Morning prayer remains. My moment of peace to start my day. I cherish this moment, and am half-glad for the early hours of insomnia I seem to have habituated myself to.
I Am Hoping and Praying...
For this wee one inside of me. I had another sono last Thursday, and cried when I saw the heart beating. Is it possible to be so in love this early on?
In the Garden...
DH planted the herbs, tomatoes, and strawberries. I'll be talking to my neighbor soon about changing out the pansies in the front. By the end of the month I should have enough energy to tackle all the flower beds... *fingers crossed*
Around the House...
DH is trying to get the master bathroom finished. With all the sports around here, and me down for the count, it's a losing battle. Poor guy. Hockey season is almost over, so hopefully he will be able to pick it up again soon.
On Keeping Home...
Didn't I say I was OK with the mess? Trying to rub it in? :P
One of My Favorite Things...
Hot showers and baths. It's my only respite from the nausea. Thank goodness I'm not one of those women who gag in steam! I think I would truly go crazy if that were the case.
A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...
Sports. Surprised? We have 5 games on Saturday, since the boys' hockey teams are now in the playoffs. Games on Friday and Saturday. Sports Fan has two games to play Saturday. Plus the girls' soccer season continues. I do enjoy watching them play, so it's not a bad thing. Just makes life extra busy!
A Picture Thought I Am Sharing...

This is how Little Love spends her time at the soccer field. She brings tons of little toys and sets up a tent to block out the sun and the wind. That and snacks are what get us through.
:)
3 comments:
Naps sound lovely ... I hope you continue to get them as needed.
This week seems like a sleepy one to me ... humid, windy, warm, and POLLEN everywhere to make me sneeze 400 times in the day. I'm sure that's why I could use a little r&r.
Oh 'Meg, I got a lump in my throat when I read about your sono. I know how the pessimistic side of one's pregnant self can take over--esp. after a miscarriage--but keep on hoping, keep on trusting, and keep taking those hot baths & showers! Meanwhile, I'll have a cup of coffee waiting...
Or two. :)
You should definitely nap at every opportunity. I do, and I don't even feel sick. :)
Loved Guernsey, was a bit disappointed in the end of My Sister's Keeper.
I need to the season clothes switch and some major organizing, as my baby will be here in 4 weeks, but I can't seem to find the time/energy/desire. Quite the dilemma.
Continuing to pray for healthy baby.
Post a Comment