We've had our share of rain, and after an entire week of being socked in.. fog and misty rain do not belong in a Texan's vocabulary yet here I was all ready to purchase hip rain boots and parade my way to Starbucks like all the PNWer's... we needed more sun. That's my own personal opinion, of course, you can take it with a grain of humidity.
:)
Hauling ourselves out of bed this morning, I groaned as the rain poured down. Today is our "stay home" day of the week. No one has gym class or scouts or any other activity. We
Lovely. Couldn't. wait.
Yet... here I sit. Dinner is in the crock pot. Sports Fan made pumpkin muffins (supervised) while I popped ingredients into the bread maker and switched it on. The girls are playing "store" in the front living room, Action Man is scheming something with his matchbox cars and Lil Sis is napping upstairs. All this while Martina McBride croons in the background.
It is lovely. I'm so grateful to be shown that, for this moment anyway, rainy days and staying home days can be peaceful and productive. Maybe I won't dread it quite so much the next time around...
Like in a few months.
:P
2 comments:
you know, i go COMPLETELY nuts when the weather is overcast and the best thing I can do is load us all into the car and invent errands.
And yet you challenge yourself to stay and be peaceful and grateful.
I'm so not there yet. :)
Sounds like you made it a lovely day. I've really been enjoying all this rain for some reason. Perhaps b/c I'm pregnant and it feeds my first trimester sluggishness. I think I might see if I have the ingredients for pumpkin muffins on hand. :)
Post a Comment