Sunday, July 05, 2009

A Hot and Humid Daybook

Outside my window...

The clouds are rolling in. After weeks of endless sun and triple-digits, it looks like our reprieve will be in the clouds. Just enough to lower the temps, but the humidity will sky-rocket. <sigh> It's one or the other here in Texas, folks.


I am listening to...

The pre-dinner madness. Yes, I am blogging late. But I found myself here, inspired by Elizabeth, as usual. And I wanted to get some thoughts sorted out before the evening catches me up in her wings and deposits me via her tornadic winds into my bed tonight.


To live the liturgy...

We have been trying to get to mass more often during the week. One day at a time, I tell myself, or else I will simply give up. Also, night prayers need to be beefed up a bit.


To fit and happy...

Can't I skip this one? Ok. I can't. <double sigh> I really need to get on the bandwagon with this one. My lovely friend Lisa is letting me borrow her treadmill. So, my hopes of exercising in this Texas heat will then exponentially increase. Thank goodness for generous friends!


I am thankful for...

My husband, his job, and the freedoms we enjoy. I have never been so aware of my blessings as I am these days.


I am pondering...

The mysterious joy of having 5 children screaming at the top of their lungs in an after dinner romp in the homeschool-room-turned-playroom. Actually, I'm ignoring it and finishing this post. :)


I am wearing...

A summer top and jean shorts. One is a thrift store find, the other... just fun. I love shopping at thrift stores and supplementing with great sales elsewhere.


I am creating...

Color. And clean surfaces. That is my goal this summer. We are not selling our house, so lets get rid of the uniform paint job and make our mark already.


On my ipod...

Same old stuff. I need to get Lil Sis to put some stuff on for me when she has a moment to breathe. :)


Towards a real education...

Math is the operative word around here, much to the kids' dismay. We are all about Math facts this summer. Hoping that next year goes a bit more smoothly for us.


I am thinking...

Many things. And praying. About all of them. Lots going on here in that department at the Nut House.



In the garden...

Tomatoes! Lots and lots... in potentia, that is. We have been able to eat a few, and my- they are delish. I'm hopeful that we will be inundated shortly. Meanwhile... my lovely plot out front is barren. Completely empty. We are waiting for our generous neighbor to drop a flat of his work in our front yard. Wonder what we'll get?



I am reading...

Gearing up for That Hideous Strength. I absolutely must start it tonight, and be very strict with finishing it up by next Monday. However, my numerous tumblers of this may prohibit me from doing anything other than taking a long tub and collapsing into bed early. :)


I am hoping and praying...

For many friends, real and virtual. It's been a tough go lately, hasn't it?


On keeping home...

Color and order. Am I being repititious? It's just to convince myself that it really must happen this month. Now or never, baby.


One of my favorite things...

Watching my oldest be the oldest. It's been a long hard road, but it's coming slowly. He and I are reaching an understanding and some good common ground. It does a Mama's heart good.


A few plans for the rest of the week...

Only a shower next Sunday. This is the calm before the storm. Next week will be nuts. N-U-T-S. So, we need to make some serious headway on house projects this week.


Picture thoughts...

Our camera needs batteries. So here are two from the archives (last summer, to be exact):































Indoor games and insanely curly hair. That's summer in Texas, y'all.

:)

3 comments:

Emily said...

I will be in TX next week. I am packing every skirt, short, and sleeveless top I own in preparation. :) Should I even WORRY about how my hair looks while I'm there?

nutmeg said...

"Anti-frizz" serum is my friend... as well as glossing spray. lol!

Enjoy your time down here! Are headed for north or south Texas?

Barbara said...

Wish I'd been there for Happy Hour. Sounds so delish!