Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Nuttier Moments...

It's my Little Boo's birthday on Sunday. She will be 7. If you've been glancing at our sidebar, you will notice that we are in the midst of our Birthday Madness. 4 birthdays in 4 weeks. Little Dear and Sports Fan are the same age right now (why yes, we are masters of NFP, why do you ask?) ...and our budget? -is shot.

Buying presents for my kids is so much fun, but can be frustrating. Little Dear made out well with some much-needed shorts and cute tops, a super cute dress from Auntie, and books, a drawing pad and flowy shirts from Grandma. We also got her a Barbie Rapunzel. 9 is a hard age to buy for, but this mix of things suited her just fine.

Last year, Little Boo had this request.

And while nobody has developed the prototype for such an amazing toy, we've managed to secure a few goodies for her this year. Along with an outing which suits her personality to a T.

She, and her bosom buddy... a little lass who has just as much spirit and spunk, and therefore has knocked heads with her on more than one occasion (figuratively, and also quite literally...) will go with our entire family to Dyno Rock, an indoor climbing gym.

And when I told the mother of Little Boo's friend.. she sighed in wonderment, declaring that it would surely be heaven for her little spitfire.

Thinking of my own Little Boo, I couldn't agree more.

:)

6 comments:

Emily said...

I'd like to do to Dyno Rock! Lucky girls! Have fun!

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

Happy Birthday, Little Boo! She is one spunky sweetheart. Did your Little Dear tell you that we finagled a birthday blessing for her on Sunday? Have fun celebrating!

Erin said...

"Auntie" can't wait to see Little Dear in her new dress! :P

Karen Edmisten said...

Happy birthday, Little Boo! And a big hug from Ramona, who turned 7 last week! :)

nutmeg said...

Charlotte, thank you for securing that blessing! Little Dear told me all about it... (too bad I was chatting outside when it happened...oops!)
:)
Karen... I just knew Ramona and Little Boo were close in age, but never realized HOW close! We have got to get those two together someday...maybe for a double birthday celebration? THAT would be a blog post to remember.
:)

Karen Edmisten said...

Oh, wouldn't it? I didn't realize either just how close they were. It made me smile. I can just picture them together. :)