A day where:
1. I got a ticket for doing a California stop at a stop sign, b/c I was late picking up the little girls. Of course, being pulled over made me even more late... ergo, yeah. Stupid stupid move.
2. My main job of cruel dictator/teacher/referee was wearing on me. And the thought of this job title becoming a tenured position for me was enough to send me packing.
3. Dealing with friends who can't see the forest for the trees would be frustrating on a good day... but on a bad day, made me snippy and openly irritated. Sigh. I hate being like that.
4. Hormones are rampant at this time of the month. The progesterone supplements have been stopped, the hot flashes resume, and I wait, resigning myself that once again the answer will be "no." And I must restrain myself from shelling out any more money just to see if an extra pink line will appear. ( TMI? Sorry. But that's what the reality is over here these days.)
So, what is a person to do?
Spend some time...
With my DH who refreshes me, and my Heavenly Father who listens to me and strengthens me. I know there is a bigger picture here, a bigger plan, more glorious and more amazing than I could ever imagine.
In the meantime, I just need to find the joy. And when I can't find it, I need to ask Him to show me. To open my eyes that are blind, and to guide my outstretched arms to be able to embrace it. And to not be afraid to discover that what I have embraced is my very own cross. For this is where my sanctification lies, the path to my everlasting joy.
5 comments:
(((HUGS))) to you MEG. I'm sorry that this has been a tough month for you. I'll keep you in my prayers.
I feel your pain. I restrain myself each month.
((((HUGS))))
Blessings, hon... We've all had to go through these, unfortunately. They do make other days wonderful in comparison, though.
A lurker popping in to send hugs. As someone who has had to deal with number 4 on your list time and time again, I know how it can effect every other aspect of life. What a beautiful witness you give to those who also must carry this cross.
Post a Comment