Monday, July 21, 2008

Dear Back Yard Neighbors...







It's hot.

Unbelievably hot. Like, waaayyyy over any human being's normal range of comfort.

On the days we dare to venture outside, my children and I come in from our back yard dripping with sweat. Even the simple act of sweeping the patio puts us out of commission for the rest of the day.

As I peel off my sweaty clothes and look out of my upstairs bedroom window, I see an oasis.

A beautiful, crystal clear ocean of blue.

Your inground pool.

We have lived here for 6 months. The heat has been unbearable for 2 of those months. Not once have I ever seen anyone using your pool. The sun beats down mercilessly, your pool beckons invitingly, and y'all are indoors.

I believe it is your duty to get the most out of such a lovely investment. I dare say it's sinful not to. I even think it would serve the pool itself to have it used on a daily basis.

And one more thing...

I know a family with 5 adorable, voracious swimmers that could help you out with that.

:)

4 comments:

momto5minnies said...

That is a CRIME!!!!!

nutmeg said...

Sneaking over the fence when no-one is looking? Yeah, I know... too bad.

OH! You mean not using the pool at all....

:)

momto5minnies said...

LOL ... yes, I meant it was a crime that they did NOT use their pool for its purpose.

Erin said...

I feel the same way about this hotel (motel?) I drive by almost every day. There's a nice pool, just sitting there empty, all day every day. Makes me wonder if I couldn't hatch a deal with the manager to let me put that lonely pool to use once in a while...