~I love my family. Hanging out with my sisters was immensely enjoyable. Being just their sister was immensely enjoyable. Not being a mama for a few days was also... well, you know. But I did miss my little ones.
~My parents are hilarious. The jokes and banterings were non-stop. The amount of inside jokes generated? ...infinite. My sides still ache from Sunday night dinner.
~I am an alumnus of an amazing college. It is breath-takingly beautiful, and filled with truth and goodness. The students are talented and witty and charming, and work their tails off. I am proud of my sister for succeeding there, and yes, proud of the school I can call my alma mater.
~I have an amazing husband. It's difficult to be home with the kids all day. He always comes home and steps in most handsomely at the end of his work day. Well, for 4 days, the kids were his work day... and night. And right now he is out grocery shopping so I don't have to tomorrow with all the kids. (it's all about reducing the shell-shock)
~In-n-Out Burger still beats any fast-food burger in the US. Hands down. And that Ice Cream joint in Ojai? Yumm-i-li-cious.
~Last but not least.... The best way to beat the heat on a 90+ degree day? Don't go into the frigid pool, step into the hot tub instead! Because... (say it with me sistahs) hot water will make you feel cooler when you get out.
:)
2 comments:
Love, LOVE CA too! For about 5 years we lived in Moorpark/Simi Valley. I am embarrassed to say that I did not know that Thomas Aquinas college was even that close.
How wonderful it must have been to go back to your alma mater and to see your sister graduate!!!!!
Actually. my sister is only a sophomore. She was the director of the play this year, and we all met up to see that. They all did an awesome job!
:)
Post a Comment