Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sigh

And speaking of books...

Are we tired of our Bloggy Bookclub?

:(

I love getting book recommendations from people, but won't usually read them unless forced to. And 98% of the time I find that it was worth it. It is rare when I am utterly bored with a book and won't finish it.

Up next for my IRL book club is Freddie and Fredericka by Mark Helprin (already read it... it's long and unbelievably hilarious) and The Jane Austen Bookclub by Karen Joy Fowler. That, along with my obsesssion desire to finish Witness, will keep me busy for awhile. I don't mind trying to squeeze a shorter book in there somewhere... so, if y'all would like to, and someone has an idea and would like to host... count me in!

Let's hear it, gals. I'd hate for this to die before it even got off the ground.

I love reading, you love reading... let's read and share!

:)

3 comments:

Erin said...

I just read "Alice Waters and Chez Panisse". It was much more interesting and enjoyable than you'd expect a biography of a restaurant to be. I recommend that. I couldn't put it down; read it in an evening and a morning.

I like this Book Club thing. It doesn't seem to be too populated, though, just given the (lack of) feedback I got when I hosted...

Mary said...

Hi
Although I am not part of the club, one of my all time favourites is "West With the Night", its the autobiography of the lady who was the main character in Out of Africa, her name is Beryl Markham.
Its a bit hard to find sometimes, but a good library usually has a couple copies.

ttfn
Mary, Warren's sister

Emily said...

I would love to keep the book club going!!!