Tuesday, February 26, 2008

*BLAST* From The Past

So, I have a facebook account. I know, yippee. I was suckered into it through my techie husband, who managed to re-connect with some of our college friends, and I wanted in on the action. Because, as we all know, a person can never spend enough time on the internet!

*snort*

The other day I received a friend request from someone I went to high school with. I barely remembered her name, and almost denied the request. Then, from some unused recess of my brain, the name and face emerged like a ghost from the past... Oh, yeah.. I thought.... who were her friends? We didn't run in the same crowd, but there were only 90 kids in my graduating class. So, technically, I should know her.

This friend request led to two more friend requests from people I did know quite well. And.. you know the rest, it has been a whirlwind of e-mails! Catching up on 10+ years of life, reminiscing, and being embarrassed at our own memories. Because, high school is nothing if not 4 complete years of doing and saying and wearing the most idiotic things (especially if you were in high school during the '80s) Ahhh, those teenage years.

And so, for the purpose of full disclosure, I give you....
















My high school graduation.(shudder)

That'd be me and my friend Julie..... thanks for the laugh, Jules!

:)

4 comments:

Erin said...

Oh, I remember her! I remember thinking you and your friends were so COOL.

:)

nutmeg said...

Yeah. I remember thinking that too.

;P

Margaret in Minnesota said...

Duly noting that honors tassel! No surprise there. ;)

PS. My hair was bigger.

momto5minnies said...

Hee hee ...

I donned that same gown (ugly royal blue). Do HS's still use that color or was it an 80's thing?

I have not gone to facebook. I do get that curious bug once in a while.

*Your children look so much like YOU ... WOW!