Which leads us (as always) to this.
Funny that the flu season coincides with the beginning of the year, right when our prescription deductibles are at their highest. We don't have the actual flu virus. But considering the amount of medication that's being doled out here with all of the coughing and sniffling and sleepless nights, I'm confident that we've almost reached our deductible .
Which brings me to my "yay doctor!" gush of gratitude.
We've had the same family doctor since Action Man was born. She delivered my first three, and has taken care of all of us since. When I found out I was pregnant with Little Dear, and Sports Fan was only 3 months old, she skipped into the exam room with a jubilant, "Well, I'm so happy!" Of course, I bawled. But she was so awesome through it all.
Now that the clan has stopped growing (for now) she has been a source of great comfort, answering my late night pagings, prescribing medication over the phone (in huge! quantities! with endless! refills!) and always making me feel like I really wasn't bothering her. Most of the time, these pagings has found her still at the office. She is swamped, and dedicated...
Our one regret is that, while she is Catholic, she does prescribe birth control. We are praying for her. And she knows it.
Today, I am grateful for dedicated doctors and modern medicine. And yes, also for our crazy Texas weather.
:)
4 comments:
I am also grateful (for your sake) for your wonderful Catholic OB, who does NOT prescribe birth control! Still haven't found one here, so it's a "lesser of many evils" situation for us...Booo.
We can at least hope that this is the last of the drastic temperature swings. I'm not looking forward to a return of the cold. I'm so glad I live here and not somewhere with real winter.
YIKES ... I hope that your family is on the mend soon. We've had seasons where sickness has just taken over our family life.
Enjoy your beautiful day!
That is one of life's great blessings to find such a doctor ~ Just having one that's Catholic is great; hopefully she'll make that final step to being as committed a Catholic as she is a physician. It's got to be hard in that profession. I'm praying for good docs to show up for us on our search!
Post a Comment